Power port not working

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely a blown fuse. That line is only good for 3 amps. If you connected an air compressor to it, it probably WAS working but blew the fuse. The fuses are located near the battery under the same panel. Closer to your right leg.

I'd start there. A TON of people have blown that fuse running something that draws too many amps. 

Most likely a blown fuse. That line is only good for 3 amps. If you connected an air compressor to it, it probably WAS working but blew the fuse.
Yep.  Only really suitable for charging a cellphone, running a GPS or powering a relay trigger for something.  Won't run compressor, heated gear, auxiliary lights or any other high current devices.  Even a cigarette lighter would blow it.

That’s exactly what happened. Put a mini compressor in there to try to fix a flat rear tire. That’s where I’ll start. Thanks 
For your future compressor power source, run a pig tail off your battery and tuck it into the gap between the gas tank and the side faring. You can use that same pig tail to hook up the battery tender.   

I concur with Art - I have done exactly that (a high-current fused pigtail off the battery terminal) for both my old Gen1, and now my Gen3 FJRs.  In both cases, I took advantage of the investment in labour to use a larger gauge cable (8 AWG) with custom break-away connectors which I can use to conveniently boost her if the battery is dead out on the road, AND I have soldered / heatshrinked a down-sized to a conventional SAE break-away connector which lets me connect the battery to a tender to keep her alive while she's parked through my long winters.

Took a little thought, and a small purchase on Amazon for the larger break-away connectors. but now I will do it on any new bike I own.

For your future compressor power source, run a pig tail off your battery and tuck it into the gap between the gas tank and the side faring. You can use that same pig tail to hook up the battery tender.   
I used the Deltran Battery Tender brand for exactly this as there's a few adapters that can be used with it for normal riding.  Most of the time mine is a usb port but I also have the volt meter to pop on there once in a while when I'm curious.  Have you Gen3 guys seen the Battery Tender Usb Powered OBDII connector?  👍