Previous Goldwing Owners?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never owned one.

But they're looking better the older I get.

Kinda like white shoes with black socks. Hmmm...

07-27-08_1532-736621-736657.jpg

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an FJR because I love it and primarily ride alone.

As our kids age out of the house and the wife and I can start riding together again, it'll be whatever big BMW or Wing is out there. We rented Harleys in Hawaii and Vegas (trip to Grand Canyon/Sedona), and she really liked the back of the Electra Glide. I liked the Harley just fine, but ultimately it isn't the right machine for me if I want to make time in the middle of nowhere.

My brother has the 1600 BMW, and it will certainly supercruise like the FJR (and sounds downright gnarly, too), and so will the Wing. The E-Glide becomes nothing but a mirror spec in these situations.

Ride what ya like! What makes you consider a Wing? 2-up?

I had a '75 GL1000. That was a totally different experience than the new ones. Believe it or not, that original model was about the same weight as an FJR, largely because it was a naked bike. Lots less power, of course, but supremely comfortable. Of course, I was younger then, but it is still the bike on which I had my longest single-day ride: 920 miles. Stock seat, though different bars.

But I don't miss it, really. Various technical primitiveness relative to new bikes in numerous ways.