"Pro Yamaha"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charismaticmegafauna

Reaction score
FYI -- from MPN:

("To date, over 100 Yamaha dealers have achieved Pro Yamaha status.")

Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A. completed a successful first year of its Pro Yamaha dealer program which is aimed at improving customer satisfaction and dealer profitability. Yamaha launched the program at its annual Dealer Meeting in September 2007 and since has seen Pro Yamaha exceed all expectations. The Pro Yamaha program requires Yamaha dealers to maintain the highest levels of customer service and support, and dealers who meet the criteria are rewarded with incentives - both financial and otherwise - that in turn help them continue this high level of professional service.
"Pro Yamaha raises the industry standard for sales support, service and customer retention and ultimately makes our dealers more profitable," said Yamaha Motorsports president Henio Arcangeli. "Yamaha is excited about the response we have seen from our dealer partners and from their successes as part of the program. We are committed to continuing our Pro Yamaha program throughout 2009, and we encourage all of our dealers to strive for this benchmark."

In developing Pro Yamaha, the company spent years working with its extensive dealer network and determining what really drives customer satisfaction, sales and profitability. Yamaha identified proven methods that help make dealerships more successful, and through Pro Yamaha, the company now provides its entire dealer network the opportunity to access these tools. To date, over 100 Yamaha dealers have achieved Pro Yamaha status.Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A. completed a successful first year of its Pro Yamaha dealer program which is aimed at improving customer satisfaction and dealer profitability. Yamaha launched the program at its annual Dealer Meeting in September 2007 and since has seen Pro Yamaha exceed all expectations. The Pro Yamaha program requires Yamaha dealers to maintain the highest levels of customer service and support, and dealers who meet the criteria are rewarded with incentives - both financial and otherwise - that in turn help them continue this high level of professional service.

I want some of whatever they're smoking... :drag:
I have this morbid curiosity if any of the dealers that have been missing details on the ignition switch bulletin recently are "Pro Yamaha" certified. :whistle:

If they are the ones not missing the details....then a great program! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably has something to do with the "customer satisfaction survey" I get every time I take my bike to the shop. My local shop generally does a good job, no complaints.

Would be interesting to know if the ones that screw up the ignition switch changeout and Pro or not....

FYI, it looks like you can go to the Yamaha dealer locator and it'll tell you if a particular dealer is "Pro Yamaha" or not. None in my area are, but I pretty much knew that.
+1 Exactly, there isn't a dealer in a 100 mile radius from me that I'd trust with my bike, even for recall work.

and their site proves it, over 100+ miles to one that's "Pro Yamaha"...

grumble grumble.

Same thing here. No pro Yamaha dealers either. A couple of five stars thow. The one i will probably have do the work isn't one of them. Two machanics been with the dealer for years. Talked to them Saturday. They seem to have an Idea of what to do. I will be the ginny pig thow.

+1 Exactly, there isn't a dealer in a 100 mile radius from me that I'd trust with my bike, even for recall work.

grumble grumble.
And apparently none within 200 miles for me... :huh: But look on the bright side... at least it's a certification with something behind it, they don't seem to give it to every wrench monkey that walks in the door. So I might actually bring my bike in to one of these guys for the recall work. If there were any around here.

And apparently none within 200 miles for me... :huh: But look on the bright side... at least it's a certification with something behind it, they don't seem to give it to every wrench monkey that walks in the door. So I might actually bring my bike in to one of these guys for the recall work. If there were any around here.

Barney`s of St Petersburg or even closer to you Barney`s Yamaha of Brandon

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/dealers/...es&ls=sport

Looks like I've gotta go 2 whole miles to get to my Pro Yamaha dealer.

No surprise to those of us who've had the opportunity to work with Zac, et al...

grumble grumble.
I was beginning to think there wasn't one in the whole of ny. Finally found one 135 miles from me. :glare: Might have to look into them for the recall.

Actually, I was wondering how Mammi Yami is deciding on who is a Pro. I've never received a customer survey from Mammi or from either of the dealerships I go to. Sounds like a marketing scam to me.

A little over a year ago I was forced to find a dealer to do significant work for me. I literally visited and interviewed over a dozen dealerships within a 100 mile circle. One dealer that was only 45 miles from my house was NASHUA MOTORSPORTS located at 355 SOUTH ST, MILFORD, NH. They were both YTA Certified (Yamaha Technical Academy) as well as having a 5 Star Certification. Hmm, ya, well... Perhaps they are technically competent, I will never know. The two people that I attempted to speak with were less than helpful, in fact they were pretty much jerks. I was in essence offering them a big job with lots of pork in it for them and letting them do the job at their convenience over the course of a normally slow business season. They were massively under motivated to talk with me. They were willing and happy to have me drop off the motorcycle but didn't want to discuss anything with me.

I offer a new Certification symbol for Yamaha that goes along with the YTA and 5 Star Certification:

YamahaPro.jpg

Barney`s of St Petersburg or even closer to you Barney`s Yamaha of Brandonhttps://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/dealers/...es&ls=sport
Nope, neither of these are "Pro Yamaha" - they don't have the little "Pro Yamaha Motorsports" logo. Check zip code 91730 for an example. And as a matter of fact, it appears there aren't ANY Pro Yamaha dealers in Florida at all, from what I can tell from Google.

Edit: and I'm wrong... there's "US ONE POWERSPORTS CENTER" in St. Augustine...

A little over a year ago I was forced to find a dealer to do significant work for me. I literally visited and interviewed over a dozen dealerships within a 100 mile circle. One dealer that was only 45 miles from my house was NASHUA MOTORSPORTS located at 355 SOUTH ST, MILFORD, NH. They were both YTA Certified (Yamaha Technical Academy) as well as having a 5 Star Certification. Hmm, ya, well... Perhaps they are technically competent, I will never know. The two people that I attempted to speak with were less than helpful, in fact they were pretty much jerks. I was in essence offering them a big job with lots of pork in it for them and letting them do the job at their convenience over the course of a normally slow business season. They were massively under motivated to talk with me. They were willing and happy to have me drop off the motorcycle but didn't want to discuss anything with me.
I offer a new Certification symbol for Yamaha that goes along with the YTA and 5 Star Certification:

YamahaPro.jpg

Gee and you wonder why they do not want to talk to you.