Problem After Valve Adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr183

Reaction score
After valve adjustment, engine boggs just off idle when starting off from a stop or when snaping the throttle wide open at 2000 rpm in 2nd gear and let it rev to 4000 rpm, if I back the throttle off to 3/4 throttle it seems to pull better.

This was the 75000 mile check and all of the valves were within tolerance, but some were at the high side and some at the low side of tolerance. These were bouught to mid spec. (They have been checked at each 25000 mile interval and been within tolerance, so up to this point no adjustments had been done.)

-Could it be to tight or to loose valve adjustment caused this problem???

-Should I be looking somewhere else?

-Should have left well enough alone!

Fred

This doesn't sound like a valve problem to me, though there are better "experts" around here who will chime up.

Who did the service? You? A dealer?

Sounds like something was left undone, or was mistakenly disconnected during the surgery, like perhaps a vacuum line or something.

All plug wires connected?

The dealer did the work.

Have changed the plugs and checked the plug leads and hose connections under the tank. Every thing looked ok! Still have the same problem.

A chap making a left turn in front of me has let the dealer off the hook, but I have ordered a blue 06 and don't want this to occur again if it was the valve adjustment.

Training and learning as I go along!

Ooooh, bad news. I hope you're okay!

Concur with SkooterG. It sounds like on of the TB caps was left off or a vacuum leak because of a loose hose.

Thank you all for the replies.

I'm doing ok! Broken collar bone, ribs and hair line fracture of the hip.

Supposed to start back to work 10/17. Been off work for 2 months.

Did I miss something?

Were you having problems with the bike and then an accident and now the bike is totalled? If you have been out of work for 2 months when was this post started?

Confused :huh:

Odd....he must not remember....motor must have froze up on him.

:eek:

Today, 10/6 is the first time I posted this on this forum. I was going to forget about finding out what may have caused the engine bogging, but I'd still like to get some idea for the future.

sparky3008, you are correct!

Man that sucks. I will say that without the bike to work with and see if it solves the problem you will most likely never know for sure. Like some have said it could have been as simple as a vacuum cap being left off.

Sorry to hear about the accident, glad everything will heal in time.