Promoting Sponsors on this site

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugR

Reaction score
Is it out of line to put up a pinned post promoting sponsors who are supporting or did support a meet within the meet topic.

We have or close too closing a number of deals on CFR 2010 and I am looking to give them more long term exposure for their contribution than just at the rally and on our rally site. I'm not talking about a hard sell, more of

"

Support Your Rally.... Support Your Sponsors

"" XXX is supporting CFR, if you are looking for tires please give them a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx, also please mention the rally and thank them for their support even if you don't end up buying from them"

Getting recognition on a high traffic site such as FJRForum really gets vendors attention, I just want to make sure that I'm not crossing some of the rules concerning advertising on the site

Chris

Often that's done at the Rally host web site. That way a simple link to the site is kewl on the forum and all the plug-o-la takes place elsewhere.

Typically a single thanks for those supporting the rally is done on the forum but it's not pinned.

Often that's done at the Rally host web site. That way a simple link to the site is kewl on the forum and all the plug-o-la takes place elsewhere.
Typically a single thanks for those supporting the rally is done on the forum but it's not pinned.

I was hoping to get more exposure for the sponsors, traffic on the host rally sites typically only occurs for registration and thanks at the banquet is again one off and limited to those who attend.

Compare that to the hits which occur on this forum on any post, let alone something as important as meet event posts.

The amount sponsors are prepared to give is related to the exposure they get.

Advertising and marketing budgets are limited and people are looking for best value.

I'm just looking to see if we can give more back for what we get.

Chris

I was hoping to get more exposure for the sponsors, traffic on the host rally sites typically only occurs for registration and thanks at the banquet is again one off and limited to those who attend.

Compare that to the hits which occur on this forum on any post, let alone something as important as meet event posts.

The amount sponsors are prepared to give is related to the exposure they get.

Advertising and marketing budgets are limited and people are looking for best value.

I'm just looking to see if we can give more back for what we get.

Chris
Chris this is a great topic, just HOW do we give our sponsors or just the shop down the street a good return on their contribution to our event. As far as links or banners in posts on this forum that would ultimately be up to the moderators/owner of the forum. Another section in "Capitalism & Bartering" might work, if they would allow it. The potential exposure on this forum is many, many times greater than any of our rallies and their web sites could ever hope for.

I also wanted to add that my request would be limited to event sponsors, not vendors and it would be the event organizers posting not the vendors, basically thanking them in advance on the meet and then making sure that there is a record of previous event supports AKA like a hall of fame.

Chris

This topic is too important not to bring it back up.

While working on sponsors for SFO2010, I was approached by two dealers that were not happy with the current exposure.

They have been previous sponsors, but not this year, not happy with past exposure.

After talking with them, I believe they can be salvaged as future sponsors, but more exposure will greatly help in getting them back.

Mark

After talking with them, I believe they can be salvaged as future sponsors, but more exposure will greatly help in getting them back.Mark
Feel free to promote sponsors on whatever SFO event website you might have.

But, remember that the FJRForum does not seek nor accept sponsorship on this forum. We've remained free of commercial activity and will stay that way...except for a very few long-time forum members grandfathered and paragons of being members first and foremost.

The several recent times we've dabbled or condoned commercial activity (including from a vendor that pressured us and involved with a regional event) it horribly awry with the addition of a special forum rule, threatened livelihoods, and threatened lawsuits. This place remains very deliberately a place where FJR owners can talk about FJRs free of commercial influence. The other one was just a bad taste in everybody's mouth with Skyway.

I also note that recently we removed the "Vendor" section on this forum, in part due to pressure we were getting all manner of funky request to start selling. This place is just not meant to be a captive audience for anybody to sell stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: