Pulsed Air Removal CAUTION

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the Dorman caps when I removed my PAIR system last summer, bummer :angry: . I am going to replace the caps this weekend. I am thinking about connecting outlets 1 and 2 with a short section of hose and outlets 3 and 4 the same way. Instead of 4 pieces of hose and 4 plugs this would only use 2 short sections of hose. Any problems with this approach?

I got this idea when I noted that the stock PAIR system outlets are interconnected on the stock system.

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced the Dorman plugs with two 8 inch loops of hose. It looks like a "U" connecting fitting 1 and 2 and another "U" connecting fitting 3 and 4. The 2 loops of hose take up little space. Very simple, just 2 pieces of hose approximately 8 inches long and 4 small hose clamps. I used automotive heater hose so it should hold up well. The Dorman block off caps were showing signs of breakdown with multiple cracks so they probably would have failed over the next few months. Even the cap blocking off the airbox showed signs of cracking so I guess they are just cheap sh*t.

I replaced the Dorman plugs with two 8 inch loops of hose. It looks like a "U" connecting fitting 1 and 2 and another "U" connecting fitting 3 and 4. The 2 loops of hose take up little space. Very simple, just 2 pieces of hose approximately 8 inches long and 4 small hose clamps. I used automotive heater hose so it should hold up well. The Dorman block off caps were showing signs of breakdown with multiple cracks so they probably would have failed over the next few months. Even the cap blocking off the airbox showed signs of cracking so I guess they are just cheap sh*t.
Yup,

Stay away from the dorman plugs.....