Pure One Oil Filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old&slow

Reaction score
Stopped today to pick up a new Pure One PL14610 for my next oil change,,,

Instead of the nice pretty blue ,, they are now cat-shit Yellow.. :angry2:

Ended up with a black Mobil One ,,,

I like to see some yellow on the black bike. I think if it as nostalgic Yamaha colors and I don't have to worry about forgetting where I put it.

A local yammie has the fjr filters only a buck or two more than the pure one filters at auto stores so never a conflict for me.

The filters are actually dog-piss gold.

I'm on the look out for some old stock blue ones.

cadman

A local yammie has the fjr filters only a buck or two more than the pure one filters at auto stores so never a conflict for me.
Eagle,

Conflict..... Those stock OEM oil filters have a very small amount of very cheap paper element for oil filtering... They work horrible compared to the purolators and other quality oil filters.. They are more expensive too boot! What a hoot! Save your engine the pain, suffering and treat it to a quality oil filter.

I paint my Purolators black with a can of spray paint(I use grill Hi temp paint..but I suspect it really isn't needed). Takes about 2 minutes to do and 10 minutes to dry.

WW

I took my sharpie and drew an old school smiley face on mine.....drives the cruiser guys nuts but the chicks think its cute ! So its all good I guess, I know its a better filter than the oem. Onward through the fog then...actually today its more like Hello Dolly ! We need the rain !

Blessings,

Bobby

If you guys want a better than OEM filter that's already black, look to your closest wally world for the Supertech ST7317. Made by Champion, same guys that make the Mobil1 and Bosch filters.

Oh, you may want top take the sticker off so you don't get any sh*t from other Feejer riders...

I still have some back-stock in bass boat blue filters...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used a lot of the Bosch on my 04. I thought they looked better (black) than the blue or white filters from the other brands. I think they will look great on my 08 too. Pretty sure it's a quality filter from some of the oil filter info I've read.

GP

I've used a lot of the Bosch on my 04. I thought they looked better (black) than the blue or white filters from the other brands. I think they will look great on my 08 too. Pretty sure it's a quality filter from some of the oil filter info I've read.

GP
It is. But do yourself (or your wallet) a favor and the next time you are in Satan's Asshole (aka Walmart) pick up one of the Supertech ST7317. See if you can tell a difference between it and one of the Bosch filters. It's made by the same people (Champion Industries) and it sure looks the same to me, especially after you remove the green walmart sticker.

Oh, I forgot, they are different. The ST7317 is half the price and located near a cheap supply of RotellaT Synthetic. ;)

I have a half-dozen of the Pure-1 blue ones. Man, I thought that color stood out on my 07. I can just imagine how the yellow would look.

As in lemons to lemonade, either paint it black or do as I have done and use the color to your benefit. I use a sharpie to record the date and the mileage of my last oil change right on the end of the filter.

I stopped 3 places today hoping they would have some old stock of Blue PL 14610,,,,,,,, only thing I could find was the

Cat-Shit Yellow.... :angry2:

I thought the pretty blue was a nice contrast to my Black 08.....

I stopped 3 places today hoping they would have some old stock of Blue PL 14610,,,,,,,, only thing I could find was theCat-Shit Yellow.... :angry2:

i hit both local pep boys and scored 6 of the old stock blue filters @ $5.50 each.

they did a price match + 5% discount, because another parts store carried them .12 cents cheaper!

let your fingers do the walking then ride and get'em.

cadman

They work horrible compared to the purolators and other quality oil filters.. They are more expensive too boot! What a hoot!
Hum... I went and checked Purolators web site for distributors in Canada. They list 6 or so.. I've never heard of any of them.. must be a Western thing. So, question: Who sells Purolator filters in Ontario.

I stopped 3 places today hoping they would have some old stock of Blue PL 14610,,,,,,,, only thing I could find was theCat-Shit Yellow.... :angry2:

i hit both local pep boys and scored 6 of the old stock blue filters @ $5.50 each.

they did a price match + 5% discount, because another parts store carried them .12 cents cheaper!

let your fingers do the walking then ride and get'em.

cadman
Thanks ..... I'll check Pep boys tomorrow,,,, :yahoo:

GP
It is. But do yourself (or your wallet) a favor and the next time you are in Satan's Asshole (aka Walmart) pick up one of the Supertech ST7317. See if you can tell a difference between it and one of the Bosch filters. It's made by the same people (Champion Industries) and it sure looks the same to me, especially after you remove the green walmart sticker.

Oh, I forgot, they are different. The ST7317 is half the price and located near a cheap supply of RotellaT Synthetic. ;)

I just bought three of these from Wally W. They were about $2.60 ea. Interesting note - I looked up the size needed for my Honda Pilot and it's the same size! What a deal. :yahoo: