Puttin' the feelers out...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's the tentative list of players for May 9th...

1. c-zulu

2. Joe2Lmaker

3. Tom A.

4. TC Mike

5. Shane

6. Scoobyvroom

7. radman

8. MNFJR05

9. FJJ's R

10. Keq

11. rammer9460

12. Wicked Webby

13. Gramps

14. motor1884

15. csimon1

16. flyinlow

17. Cruzin

18. jevers

I'm thinkin' we should stick to where the best riding is out our back door & that's "Sconnie". Erik posted up some great roads & a destination for lunch, anyone else is welcome to do the same or pm me. I'll put a route together & post a map for everyone with a start (breakfast) meeting location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's the tentative list of players for May 9th...
1. c-zulu

2. Joe2Lmaker

3. Tom A.

4. TC Mike

5. Shane

6. Scoobyvroom

7. radman

8. MNFJR05

9. FJJ's R

10. Keq

11. rammer9460

12. Wicked Webby

13. Gramps

I'm thinkin' we should stick to where the best riding is out our back door & that's "Sconnie". Erik posted up some great roads & a destination for lunch, anyone else is welcome to do the same or pm me. I'll put a route together & post a map for everyone with a start (breakfast) meeting location.
Josh (motor1884) is a new member, he's a definite maybe, should post up pretty quick, though that would be a first (him doing anything quick), so we'll see. Looking forward to it, quite a group there.

I haven't posted much if at all here yet, but I would be interested. I need to check my calendar, but put me on the tentative list.

Gittin bigger'n CFO. Let those Amish know we're a comin.

I volunteer to take a ride this weekend and check out the conditions on some of the county roads.

Erik & I took a little pre-ride yesterday and found the road conditions to be great on the more traveled roads, but some of the back country county roads were....take a

for yourself (make sure to watch in high quality). I think by May the road conditions should improve.
A little cool to start but with full sunshine it was able to warm somewhat...Thanks for taking a ride Erik.

I should be able to post up a route map this week so we can make some decisions.

I was hanging on to my laptop steering through the curves. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to go on the group ride. :yahoo:

FJJ'sR

Marc, Neat video. Most of the roads were good with just a bit of left over sand on the road. County Rd-D, from SS to N was the exception. It was covered with sand. On the video it looks like a red/tan road, thats ALL sand. Thanks for riding along.

Well I had a little more time yet this morning so I put together a preliminary map.

It starts at the Perkins Restaurant in Hastings for breakfast/meet with a designated stop at the Buena Vista Park scenic overlook then home

which can be adjusted depending on time.

Let me know what you all think or if there is a specific road you would like to take.