Race Tech Support

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
I replaced my fork springs in Aug 2006 with Race Tech 1.1kg spring rate springs. The spring rate calculator on the Race Tech site had me (190lbs of hard-charging, low crawling, straight shooting, sex appeal!) at a 1.167 rate. So I got and installed the 1.1 springs. Well, for 3 years I rode and got used to very stiff springs. Changed the fork oil a few weeks ago and tried once again to get somewhere close to 35 - 40mm of sag. Couldn't get more than 25mm no matter what. I called Race Tech and talked with Louie who told me to send them back and he'd replace them with 1.0kg springs. Fair enough, especially after 3 x years.

I visited the site again last night and lo and behold, the recommended rate had changed. It now comes out as a .934kg as the right rate for me. I called Race Tech this afternoon and talked with Bill. He, like Louie, was very helpful and is shipping me springs with a .95kg rate. Not sure if my earlier discussion with Louie had them rethink the recommended rates, but it did drop significantly. I'm pretty sure the .95 will work out just fine.

Just wanted to pass this along and let you know that the Race Tech folks have been very helpful.

I'll second that. I just recheck the spring rate for me and like you racetech recommend 1.1 springs when I checked a few weeks ago and I was thinking that sounded way to stiff for me so I just did it again and they are calling for .90 springs now. Which is more realistic in my eyes.

Eric