Radiohowie is BACK after 2 months gone!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you're smarter than me. You can still figure out how to insert the picture of a cane here, and I am either not smart enough, or too lazy to jump through the hoops.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had to go through this ... and very pleased to hear that you're on the road to recovery.

At two times in the past I've battled with balance issues and sold down the motorcycle inventory since motorcycles made no sense, but I've managed to come out of it and return to riding eventually. I hope you get to that point, even if you are smart enough at that time to decide not to get back into it.

Sorry to hear Radio Man, glad that you are recovering! Keep up the fight and stick around, and keep listening to Mrs Howie well at least for as long as it takes to heal up!

Welcome back. Glad yer 'n do'in well; the forum iz much mor colorful when yer here.
kiss.gif
I don't care what the mods say 'bout you, I think yer alright!

gty_kotter_watn_3_mr_120815_ssh_zps65f3e661.jpg

Damn dude! Sorry to hear of your troubles!

Hope you have as full a recovery as you can. Glad to hear your wife stepped up like she did, having that support can make all the difference.

GLWS

Glad you lived through that to tell about it, sounds like it was a really close call. I hope you have a complete recovery with no permanent complications. Hope you find a buyer for your bike that appreciates it as much as you have.

^^ Exactly what he said.

(Although I should admit I chuckled at a few lines in your post. Hope that wasn't bad form on my part. But it was your fault.)

Welcome back.

Sorry to hear about your accident Howie. Glad your on the road to recovery

Hope you stick around the forum, We need your brand of humor.

Good Luck.

Howie, I think Beemerdons woulda called BS, as he woulda said you didn't have a brain...... but look on the bright side, losing 30 points off 162 is nuthin'. I hope you can toss the cane in a few weeks and continue with the recovery. I can only imagine it's been a rough go so far..... keep smiling and keep us posted, we always enjoy your sense of humor!

Damn, sorry to hear about this! At least you have your sense of humor.

Wife and I had an accident 2and a half years ago, still recovering from the concussion.

You are very luck how your wife has stepped up. I would have given up long ago if not for my wife. I don't think I lost 30 points 'cause that would put me in the negative!

Best of luck and keep a good attitude!

Welcome back, Howie. Most of what should be said has been, especially about the humor and communication lobes remaining intact. A positive attitude, which you have, will be the most significant factor/advantage in your continued recovery. Bikes may not be in your future but other fun certainly will be. Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that you are OK. Your woman is a keeper. Now you can spend more time here keeping everybody straight.

Well dang Howie, ya picked a bad way to crash. Especially on top of the TIA. Very glad to see that you are doing well enough to run the keyboard and figure out how to log on to the Forum. This should make you feel better about your current mental condition
wink.png
Hang in there and heal, you have one of the really slow to heal injuries. Keep up the therapy. With all the spare time you now have you should spend a little of it looking for something extra special for your wife!

This has been a tough few months for some of the Forumites. Kinda reminds me of this:

WIZARD-OF-OZ.jpg

L - R Howie looking for a brain, Beemer looking for a heart, Tyler who has been down this road before and Iggy who's trying to have the courage to get back on his FJR after his sheep hunting expedition
smile.png

Keep on trucking.

BDBiker.jpg

If ya do well enough, maybe you can graduate to something like a Spider some time down the road. Ask Mrs. Howie first....

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear about all the bad bidness you have had. Glad you're back with us and VERY happy that you rediscovered your best friend.

I have to assume you had your helmet on so that must have been some serious bell ringing.

Mom had a TIA about 2 years ago. She's 85 so we're unsure what bits of the TIA, COPD (without supplemental O2 for far past when she should have started using it) and simply the travails of aging have contributed to her current "cognition" but I understand the challenges to at least some degree.

Don't be stubborn like her (and her Dad before her) and stick with the physical and mental P.T. It does help.

Based on your post, you seem in good spirits and I hope you stick around even if you can't ride.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but real glad to hear you're still kicking. When life throws a wrench in the works you get to find out who your true friends are and it sounds like you've got a winner in your wife.

Glad to see you back, and hope the recovery continues.

Now this might not be to bad if

Missus Howie, has ordered me OFF 2 wheels.
Has she ruled out 3 as well, there is always another way to have some wind in your face and be able to enjoy being out on the road.

-K

Oh BTW, thanks for no accident or recovery pictures. Not sure I could have stomached it. It was bad enough just seeing you riding around on Frankenbike. Are you sure you haven't fallen off that thing before?

Kudos to your wife...best gift you've had through all this. All seriousness aside, go ahead and show her who's boss NOW!

Sorry to hear about your life changing event..... Not easy I am sure. Keep your chin up and focus on the positives. Take care of yourself and good luck with your recovery.

Latest posts