Radman 1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is the day, checked John's Spot link above @ 10:25a.m., nothing?

CAM00046.jpg

John looks pretty chipper in this early (about 4:30'ish) photo from this morning.

Let's see how he looks later tonight. I'm betting he had a great ride.

It was a very uneventful ride. Weather was good for the most part, a little chilly at the start and in the mountains. Rain for about a total of 5 miles...not enough to get the gear out. West bound I-76 in Colorado is a mess. Cost me at least 2 hours. Construction everywhere and drivers worse at navigating construction than Minnesota drivers...a difficult feat, but hats off to the horrible drivers of Colorado. The new T30s on the Metallic Monster look new after all that slab. Bike read 1051.6 miles, GPS was a little lighter at 1036. I still managed at 70mph average while moving. I had a kid take a picture of me at the hotel with my phone...you think these little urchins would masters at this by now...well...

CAM00047_zpsddb24d97.jpg

But that was not the important picture...as I noted earlier...Rad, where ever you ended up..."Salut!"

CAM00048_zpsa18bea6d.jpg

You guys take care of this place while I am out enjoying the desert.

Peace. Out.

Last edited by a moderator:
How was the ride? Well, here are just a few snapshots of what a week in heaven looks like...I hiked almost 40 miles total over the week. Enjoyed some of the finest motorcycling roads in America, postcard worthy scenery at every turn. I cannot wait to return to Utah in 2015. Already planning next years trip.

Moab Rim Trail

P8037217_zps79a49a1e.jpg

P8037196_zpsa7061a24.jpg

Rim Trail Capitol Reef

P8067350_zps31a3b959.jpg

The Subway, Zion National

P8057303_zps9dbf24d8.jpg

P8057326_zps643aac7f.jpg

Austrian beauties in Zion...

P8047269_zps9cc5edd4.jpg

Scary tarantula in Zion...

P8047263_zps24e0d064.jpg

Emerald Pools...

P8047258_zpsb0175140.jpg

Burr Trail Road...

P8077460_zps35580353.jpg

I mailed off all of my paperwork to the Iron Butt Association today. I included everything they asked for including the link to the spotwalla page I had setup. Hopefully my ride will pass muster and I will get my license plate backer before next rising season...now to plan my BBG Gold for next summer.

I just received an email from Michael Kneebone...its starts off like this...

You are receiving this e-mail because of your application for a ride certification. This note is to let you know that your ride has been approved and although your ride documents may take a few more weeks to arrive, your membership has also been approved and entered into the Iron Butt Association's member database. Welcome to the Iron Butt Association!
Woohoo! It's official!!! I am now a member of the long distance fraternity!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts