Ram Mount-Stable?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting the tether over a phone's four corners will test the patience of a saint. Which means that the phone isn't going anywhere any time soon. :D

Getting the tether over a phone's four corners will test the patience of a saint. Which means that the phone isn't going anywhere any time soon.
biggrin.png
I've heard others complain about this. I've got an S8+ (not a small phone) and it takes me 2 seconds at the most to get it secured. In fact, a shortcut of just securing opposing corners seems to work just as well. The web/tether only has to keep the phone from moving up or down in the mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double the sheet horizontally across the width of the sheet (along the long center line works too but it's a little harder to manage). Stuff the corners of the part just folded over, into the corners that weren't folded over. Fold the left-right edges over at the inside of where corners end. Fold the folded sheet, vertically or horizontally doesn't matter, in half, making sure the edge, just folded, doesn't slide in or out. After that, just fold as desired. Trust me, this is easier to understand when you see it done.

I'd do a video of this but my phone's stuck in RAM Mount X-clamp. ;D

Double the sheet horizontally across the width of the sheet (along the long center line works too but it's a little harder to manage). Stuff the corners of the part just folded over, into the corners that weren't folded over. Fold the left-right edges over at the inside of where corners end. Fold the folded sheet, vertically or horizontally doesn't matter, in half, making sure the edge, just folded, doesn't slide in or out. After that, just fold as desired. Trust me, this is easier to understand when you see it done.
I'd do a video of this but my phone's stuck in RAM Mount X-clamp. ;D
I do this as well and my wife looks at me like I'm trying to do some type of witchcraft.