Ram X mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, use it on every ride with the iPhone. Works very well.

--G

Edit -- More information here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did a 1500 mile trip and it held my Samsung Captivate awesome. Bought another for my truck.

E

I use it all the time. I have the Otterbox Defender case on my iPhone and it holds that extra bulk without a problem.

Yep. I use one in my truck and it works great. I can see it would work great on the bike as well. I use another type RAM Mount on the bike though.

Works great for my Galaxy Nexus - although, depending where your volume and power buttons are, they may pose a problem with them being squeezed.

With my Phone, I have to position it just right, so it doesn't trigger the power button.... so its not centered in the X, but it works.

Funny, I was just on Ram's website last night picking out the parts to put one of these on my bike last night.

gixxer-

Make note of the pricing. I was set on 2X2 base mounts and found larger for less $. The X mount works great, I have my iPhone inside an Otter case (inside the waterproof case)

For 2 up I will even snag the cup holder (LOL)

OK, I'll go the other way. I have one, and I use it occasionally.

1) I don't 100% trust it, I'm not sure just how large the pot-hole has to be to dislodge the phone, but I can see that happening. Though it hasn't happened yet.

2) The nature of the thing as the X pinches it now has 'slop' for lack of a better word. My iPhone 4s in an Ultimate Urban Gear case (kind of like Otterbox-light), will rotate 1-15 degrees left/right. It doesn't 'sit there still' if you will and that bothers me.

If/when I'm using the Sena, I really don't need to see the phone anymore.

- Push and hold for 2 seconds and it will start playing music. (Usually have my motorcycle play list selected or 'shuffle all songs).

- Push and rotate forward, back up one song.

- Push and rotate back, skip to next song.

So I now mostly leave my phone in my tank bag or waterproof pocket. But I'm not using it as a GPS. If I were, I'd probably find a way to tether it just in case. I think the mount clearly said to do that and I believe it would be important for long term use. In my world, I'd lose it at the least convenient moment.

-MD

I high-sided with my iPhone in an X-mount and it was still holding it when I picked myself and my bike off the pavement, so I have 100% confidence that it will hold it through potholes....

If you're only using your phone for music then you probably don't need a mount, but if you take phone calls then I like being able to see who's calling before I accept the call.

Have one and use it to take video front and back with a galaxy siii in a otterbox defender case. Works great.

I rode several passes in Colorado with mine on my Tenere. The ram ball loosened up on me, but the mount was rock solid, even when I dropped the bike today.

Have one as well. Now mounted on a ram ball on the left handlebar. Use it for my droid "Galaxy Charge". Totally confident in the grip. If I crash bad enough to knock this loose I'll have bigger worries. Have the phone wired from a fuse block under the seat, switched power, so I won't kill a battery.

Actually I wired this up near the glove box from the fuse panel. Now I can charge just about anything I try to hold in the x-mount

https://www.rocketmoto.com/index.php/products/electrical-wiring-access/3br-2-1-amp-tapp-usb-power-port.html

These guys were great to deal with!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got something similar to what redtail got, I hooked it right to the battery... I liked this feature -

Electrical protection: Splash proof ATC fuse holder with 7.5A fuse; internal auto-resetting fuse, internal auto over-temp power control, diode protected against inadvertent reverse polarity.
I don't use it all the time, but its nice to have it when I need to power the phone for GPS use or need to charge it on the fly...