Rear Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Reaction score
Has anyone tried or had any experience with a Hyperpro rear shock. they are custom made in New Jersay. Cost $620. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried or had any experience with a Hyperpro rear shock. they are custom made in New Jersay. Cost $620. Thanks
Hyperpro shocks may be sold in New Jersey but they are manufactured in the Netherlands. They are a quality shock and very popular in Europe. I'm surprised you can buy one for $620, if it were me I would upgrade and get a model that has both compression and rebound damping.

I have a HyperPro rear, it has rebound, compression w/ high and low speed, remote preload adjustment and ride height, I like it it cost me over 1k, What model is the shock? they also have a spring upgrade for the OEM shock.

Thanks for the input. the basic shock is the 460model and it is $620. the preload cost $269. They do sell shocks for $1200 as well. The guy said as of December they are assembling the shocks at his shop.

Thanks for the input. the basic shock is the 460model and it is $620. the preload cost $269. They do sell shocks for $1200 as well. The guy said as of December they are assembling the shocks at his shop.
You must be talking to Klaus, I didn't know they were assembling the shocks but there isn't any reason they couldn't do that. You should be aware that when he was a Wilber's dealer almost all the shocks they sold on the group buys were severely under sprung. The remote preload is a nice option if you spend half your time riding double, otherwise I would spend extra money on the 461 model that gives you both high and low speed compression damping. A compromise is Penske's 8983 double adjustable shock which can be purchased for $780-800 and comes with a easy to adjust manual preload and a ride height adjustment.

Thanks for the info. Yes talking to Klaus. I will keep looking at the other manufactors.

Latest posts