Recall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fjr105

Reaction score
Just curious about the time frame of the repair. The letter stated 3 hours. My Dealer Columbus IN Yamaha has had my 08 Fjr a week and still not done.

What has been the average time kept for repair if I may ask??

Bad thing is I leave for vacation (motorcycle trip) at the beginning of next week all pre paid and now might not have a bike to go on !!!!

This may be the last of Yamaha for me, only after buying 7 new bike's in the last 8 years.

You may want to ask if they have the part to begin with. If they do not, then ask when it will be in. If they do not know then tell them to call you when they get it and you will bring the bike in. If they have the part tell them I am picking it up on this day and it will be complete. Do not ask tell. You are the customer. If they do not like it ask for the number of the Yamaha rep for the area and call them to complain. Tell him this is the last time I buy a yamaha. The dealer sucks and so do you. Then take the bike and go on the trip.

Are they doing the quick fix or the full harness? :huh:

Took mine to the dealer today. He will not order a part until he inspects the bike to see which one is needed, since there are two possibilities. He said I should have it back in a week.

That's the thing; they have to inspect the connector to know which repair to perform, and they're not gonna have harnesses laying around until they order them after inspecting the bike. (They can't order them until inspecting the bike if they want Yamaha to pay for them.) And once they have your bike for a safety recall, you can't get it back until the work's done.

I got the same stuff from my dealer who is fairly reputable. Out in 2 days because they found no problems with my 2009 original harness so they just installed the sub grounding harness. The ticket showed one hour labor. I'd like to know how many folks needed the harness replacement. I tried to make a poll to find out and the managers of the forum got real nasty with me. Sorry I just want to know what people find out in the recall. I wish the forum guys would establish a poll as they basically think I'm an idiot because I don't know the rules. Sure would like to know and/or be directed to where that's being addressed.

Great forum but not so friendly managers.

Bill

I got the same stuff from my dealer who is fairly reputable. Out in 2 days because they found no problems with my 2009 original harness so they just installed the sub grounding harness. The ticket showed one hour labor. I'd like to know how many folks needed the harness replacement. I tried to make a poll to find out and the managers of the forum got real nasty with me. Sorry I just want to know what people find out in the recall. I wish the forum guys would establish a poll as they basically think I'm an idiot because I don't know the rules. Sure would like to know and/or be directed to where that's being addressed.

Great forum but not so friendly managers.

Bill
Your not a clicker, get in the click. Some folks forget there are new FJR lovers out there that might like the same info.

Took my 07 to North Hollywood Honda/Yamaha today and they performed two recalls, the spider mod and the ignition mod. I got there at 9:00am and left at 1:00pm. It took a long time!! My connector was fine, so only the extra ground cables.

Thanks phroenips for posting a link.

Closing what is about the 14th repeat of the same subject. Keep it in the one thread folks. :angry2: Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.