Relaxin' and Rallyin' - A Great Start to the New Year!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, wow, wow.

I'm glad one of us is bagging some team purple points. My two wheelers won't be moving for a good bit now.
not_i.gif

The photos are... great... awesome... fantabulous! (of course).

I have some favorites, but they all are quite excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, wow, wow.
I'm glad one of us is bagging some team purple points. My two wheelers won't be moving for a good bit now.
not_i.gif
Fred, go for the MB points... don't need a bike in most of those... just you, your placard, and whoever else is in the picture (Barista, Barber, Butcher, etc.)! And I'm sure you'll make up for lost time once the weather is more in your favor... B)

BTW, did you see this guy? That's nucking futs!! :lol:

It is. Usually around here they use one of those Urinals when the roads are that snow covered. Man must be workin on some issues. :unsure:

But right now the snow is up above the handlebars!

This year's BMR rally not only has us competing as individuals but also as teams. One way to earn a couple of easy points is to meet with one of your teammates and take a photo together. So a few of us made plans to meet in Cambria for the MLK weekend/holiday to get that photo and find some other points too...

I headed down early Saturday morning scooping up some points along the way... at one point, I looked up in the sky and saw the clouds were sharing some love for the day...
sky%20heart.jpg

I went looking for a winery for a word bonus which turned out to be a dud but I had a nice ride along Vineyard Rd...
DSC_7716-X2.jpg

DSC_7720-X2.jpg

When I stopped for the orchard shot above, I looked down and saw this critter nestled in the grass right next to the road... it didn't seem hurt nor bothered by my close proximity...
DSC_7717-XL.jpg

I made it to Paso Robles with time to spare so finally got to ride Santa Rosa Creek Rd... previously, every time I planned to ride this one, something got in the way but not this time...
DSC_7721-X2.jpg

DSC_7723-XL.jpg

Dig the gnarly trees, dude...
DSC_7725-X2.jpg

View of the road ahead and the green hills that I would wind my way through...
DSC_7727.28%20pano-X2.jpg

What a bunch of turkeys! Was glad they were in the field and not on the road...
DSC_7731.32%20pano-X2.jpg

Sun was setting but I was getting close to Cambria so wasn't worried about the dimming light...

DSC_7739-X2.jpg

Overall, I liked Santa Rosa Creek Rd. but on this particular day was quite surprised by the amount of traffic on such a narrow, twisty road... including two full truck/trailer rigs pulling horses up the hill... had a pucker moment as I edged as far as I could to the right and one of those rigs inched past me barely making it past the front wheel... beautiful scenery though so I just took it easy and enjoyed the world around me...
DSC_7737-X2.jpg

One of my fellow teammates is Nancy Foote... she and her partner, Walt Fulton, run Streetmasters which is a track school for street skills... they are great people and have a fantastic program so if you're every looking for a new workshop to try, this would be a good one!
Me%2BNancy.jpg

The next morning, we all rose early and decided to forego breakfast right away and hit the road... the cows were coming in for breakfast behind our motel and you could hear their excited brays...
DSC_7741-X2.jpg

One of the other riders with us was a gent named Steve riding his Victory Vision... Steve obviously has a healthy sense of tongue-in-cheek humor given his license plate...
DSC_7744-XL.jpg

The days' points included Cal Poly, SLO courthouse, and lots of word bonuses that took us on some really fun roads... if you're in the area, look 'em up!
20150118115502-0118151152a7E2_resized.jpg

20150118124801-0118151245a7E2_resized.jpg

Our jaunt through the central CA area took us on Pozo Rd. to Park Hill Rd. and then a gorgeous farm road, Huer Huero Rd... a few new roads to add to my ever-growing arsenal!

Nancy...
DSC_7752-X2.jpg

Steve...
DSC_7756-X2.jpg

End? Hardly... just the beginning!! If you've never ridden 229 (aka Rossi's Driveway), put it on your list... and expect to ride it several times back and forth...
229.jpg

We stopped in Creston for a school bonus and then I broke off from the others to visit Don/dcarver and the lovely Shauna at the Honderosa... I got to visit Tim's memorial for the first time and met their new pup, Molly, who took a little bit to warm up to me but once I started throwing her favorite ball for fetch, she decided I was okay and we were buddies after that...

It was getting late in the afternoon, so I bade farewell to my dear friends and headed west down 46 toward Cambria... I could see the glow of the sun setting as I neared the coast and then came around this one turn and BAM! There it was in all its glory... I pulled over, snapped a few pics as the colors just kept changing, and then put the camera down and just sat on the guardrail... sometimes the beauty of the world overpowers me and all I can do is just exist in that moment and let it wash over and into me and give thanks for being there to witness it...
DSC_7773-X2.jpg

DSC_7775-X2.jpg

DSC_7784-X2.jpg

DSC_7778-X2.jpg

Made it back to Cambria before dark, met up with Steve and Nancy for a nice dinner, and then headed back to the motel for a nightcap... the next morning, we headed our separate ways for home and picking up points along the way before arriving at our respective homes and back to the "real" world... but there will be more adventures ahead and many, many more (s)miles!

FIN

Tyler - as creepy as it sounds, "meeting Tyler" is now officially on my bucket list.

Don't wierd out. I'm harmless, I promise. If you don't believe me, just ask Redfish Hunter....
uhoh.gif

Tyler - as creepy as it sounds, "meeting Tyler" is now officially on my bucket list.
Don't wierd out. I'm harmless, I promise. If you don't believe me, just ask Redfish Hunter....
uhoh.gif
Not creepy at all as you're on the meet list over here too... you going to SW-FOG or EOM this year?? I ain't getting any younger, ya know... ;) .

uhoh.gif
There is that look you have to watch out for............. I've seen three grown men backing up scared............ :)

uhoh.gif
There is that look you have to watch out for............. I've seen three grown men backing up scared............
smile.png
I still tell that story and laugh... :lol:

Very nice T, thanks for taking us along on another adventure!

There is that look you have to watch out for............. I've seen three grown men backing up scared...........
We all got a good laugh outta that!
tonguesmiley.gif

--G

excellent photos....i agree with you pertaining to robin williams...a damn shame it is