Ride Report/ met some forum hooligans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQUEAL

Reaction score
I was contacted here on the board by one "Spud" asking if I lived in North Idaho. Further conversations ensued and we arranged to meet and ride. Spud and Greb made a nice 700 mile ride to N.Idaho thursday evening. We spent the evening getting to know each other over some delicious IPA. The next morning my wife was kind enough to wake at 4:45 am to make us biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs. After a hearty breakfast we headed toward the Canadian border.

DSCN0291.jpg
Spud in my driveway ready to leave.

DSCN0290.jpg
Greb in my driveway ready to leave.

Unfortunately my FJR is in the shop getting all the recalls done. I had to ride the back-up bike. I now remember why it is for sale. It sure cant keep up with the FJR's! We made in through customs in a matter of minutes and headed North up Kootenay lake.

DSCN0294.jpg

DSCN0295.jpg

Our route took us to the Balfour ferry where we enjoyed a splendid ride and some good coffee.

DSCN0297.jpg

After leaving the ferry we were Northbound again to Kaslo BC. We quickly fueled and Greb put on his HD Hero camera. I am sure looking forward to seeing the footage we shot up the pass to New Denver. At New Denver I split off South. They headed onto their destination farther into the depths of BC. I couldnt get away that long and just came South to Castlegar and then over Kootenay pass from Salmo. It was perfect weather and a beautiful day. I was very fortunate that this forum allowed us to meet and ride together. I hope to see them again this afternoon on their way South back into Idaho.

DSCN0299.jpg

Arrow Lake and Valhalla provincial park in the distance. Looking West.

DSCN0300.jpg

Castlegar BC.

I bet those guys had a great ride. Spud should have some shots of me too. Hope you enjoyed this short report. Squeal.

You guys have it made with the opportinity to in such gorgeous locales. Looks like a great day. Its Saturday. Guess I should take the Nighthawk out and do some advertizing I need to get me a feejer.

Joe

Beautiful country for sure! I was up there - to Idaho at least - mebbe next yr I can get up and ride with you all. Can't venture out that far 'till spring at least...

Squeal,

Thanks for your hospitality! It was great meeting you and hope to hook up again soon. Spud and I had a great and very hot ride(107) today down to Riggins, ID where we just shut down the local bar. I'm certain Spud and I will post some more pics soon.

Greb

The pleasure was all mine! I had a great time, albeit short, with you two. I wish I had been able to make the rest of the ride with you. I will try to get in some riding next spring in your part of the world. Take care. I am glad you made it home safely! Tyler