Ride to Snow's BBQ

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR@DTS

Reaction score
Ok, so I needed a break from school and my friend Mike was in Houston for work, but that was a bit for my schedule. I had also heard about Snow's BBQ, recently voted "Best BBQ in Texas" by Texas Monthly . So I think, hey, I'll meet Mike at Snows for lunch, :cheffsmiley: it will be a three hour ride for me and a two hour drive for him. So I get up at 4:45am and head out by 5:30. The weather in Dallas is starting to cool off, at least in the mornings, and I had a great ride down to Lexington TX.

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

It was 66 degrees as I was driving down and it could not have been more pretty or more comfortable.

66degrees.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

Mike and I had "lunch" at 10am to beat the crowds. After we ate we took a couple pictures of the place and you can see the line starting to form.

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

Well, the BBQ was fantastic. But bring some cash, because Snow's don't take no plastic. They are only open on Saturdays and only till they run out of meat, which is ofter about 11:30. Wat a great place, hole in the wall, in podunk nowhere. The cattle auction is literally at the end of the street and you can hear the cattle mooing as you dine on some of their relatives. :butcher: Mike and I had a great time and were grateful that we got to spend some time together (he lives in Atlanta) I let him give the FJR a bit of a try. Mike is joansing (sp) for a bike and I think the FJR looked pretty good on him, even though he's probably prefer a 600cc street fighter.

DSC01127.jpg

Anyway, thanks for a great lunch Mike and thank you Lord, for the great riding weather. I made it home in time for the wife and I to enjoy more Snow's Brisket for Dinner :specool:

Ok, so I needed a break from school and my friend Mike was in Houston for work, but that was a bit for my schedule. I had also heard about Snow's BBQ, recently voted "Best BBQ in Texas" by Texas Monthly . So I think, hey, I'll meet Mike at Snows for lunch, :cheffsmiley: it will be a three hour ride for me and a two hour drive for him. So I get up at 4:45am and head out by 5:30. The weather in Dallas is starting to cool off, at least in the mornings, and I had a great ride down to Lexington TX.
The business from the article must have died down. A couple of us ran over from Austin a few weeks after it came out, and they were out of meat around 9:30.

Yes, they went from "Crazt Busy" to only "Really Busy". It is amazing that people come from all over to this little out of the way place to eat. Of course, FJR riders are understandable, as we will go about anywhere. ;)

Yes, I have a buddy wanting to ride down to the Shed in Ocean Springs, MS, for BBQ, then we are heading west thru LA to eat some good cajun, then on over to Fredericksburg in the Hill Country for some good German, winding up in DFW for the Nascar race on Nov. 1....I could hardly say no, first because of the food prospects, and he rode the IBA ride last year with me. So long as I am getting some time ON the bars, life is good.