Ride to TWN Memorial from San Diego

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]CANCELED THIS ROUTE!!!!![/SIZE]

Okay, looks like not enough interest in this route for this trip. I will save it for a later ride and modify it to fit for the SOCAL guys some other time. I will post up for those of us that will be going up Friday and riding the coast line instead now. That is looking like me, slappy, jorstin and we can now work a later meet up with Silver Penguin, Andy and MCML if they want to do this. I will pm you all seperately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, will likely ride up Friday but (a) I am headed to Goleta and (2) I will probably be on the coast. Still, I know the roads you all will be on and might head that way. GMRS Radio will be on chanel 7.

MCML and Silver Penguin, if you want to meet up for lunch we will be hitting Fillmore at around 11:30 am. It would be fun to ride on up with you the rest of the way in to the SB area.

Noted, and thanks.

I see that it appears to be located right where 23 comes out of the twisties, runs through the groves, crosses the bridge and meets 126. Never been past that interesection on the FJR ;) .

I will keep you posted as the day nears.

I can't make it up Friday but I wanted to give you a suggestion on a route. It's not the quickest way there but it is definitely worth the extra hour it takes if you do have the time.

I will probably take this route home on Sunday when I have more time to show my wife. I just rode them yesterday and I cant wait to ride them again.

Google map

I want to join you guys but looks like Yamaha is taking my FJR from me on the 25th for a few days (RTA is coming down). If I get to take the day off and you will accept me on lime-green ZX10 (?) then I'll catch you around six-flags or in Fillmore.

I doubt it's going to be hard to recognize a bunch of FJRs on route :)

I want to join you guys but looks like Yamaha is taking my FJR from me on the 25th for a few days (RTA is coming down). If I get to take the day off and you will accept me on lime-green ZX10 (?) then I'll catch you around six-flags or in Fillmore.
I doubt it's going to be hard to recognize a bunch of FJRs on route :)
All riders accepted. Look forward to meeting you. Also, keep an eye out for a possible route change, couple of suggestions I am going to look at and may incorporate depending on the time involved. Take care. B)

Ynotride and Yorkmeister, I liked your suggestions so much that I incorporated them into the ride, it just made sense and looked like a lot more fun with a lot less slab involved. I have changed the ride maps and will have information for anyone that needs it. I have added approximate times when we will be in different areas in case somebody wants to meet up with us along the route. Hope this entices a couple of others to join in. B)

Given the new route I will not be joing you for lunch in Fillmore! I will catch up with everyone in Goleta.

Given the new route I will not be joing you for lunch in Fillmore! I will catch up with everyone in Goleta.
Sorry about that Joe. Well, if we don't get any takers on the ride up by a couple of days before, we will just meet up with Jill, Andy and you then ride the coast up or whatever you folks are up to.

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it....... I never met TWN, but from what you have all told me about him, I wish I had met him, but a funeral is not the place to show up for the first time.

Besides, I just traded in the ZX-12R for a 2009 "pink" Concours 14 :yahoo: , and I didn't want to spoil you Fudgers' ride because I am still running it in, and you wouldn't be able to keep up!!!! I was told to keep it under 6,000 RPM for the first 600 miles, at 80MPH it is turning 3,750, so 6,000 would be over 120MPH..

Jordylad already rode it and likes it (the colour is better than his too), but now I have to clean off the seat!! I will join you next time if you still let a Kawi rider in!!

tonyrob :fans:

tonyrob - we let in the ZX because it was a nice bike. You're pushing it with the pink C14. That's just blasphemy!

Sorry you can't make it, we'll ride again soon. B)