Riding Jackets for Children

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedFreak

Reaction score
Hello All;

thought I would tap the well of knowledge here to see if anyone else has been able to find what I have been looking for. Doing a search on the board came up empty.

I have two younger children 11 and 9 that love to go on the FJR with me, and I love taking them. My 9 year old will be joining me at Americade this June in fact.

To that point I have been looking, emailing, calling, visiting dealers and clothing folks to find a kid sized riding jacket. I have not been successful.

I know someone has to be making them no? I mean there are clothing for kids how dirtbike, and 4 wheel, doesnt anyone make a riding jacket for kids?

Appreciate any definitive knowledge you might be able to share.

-=SF=-

I ended up purchasing a woman's XS FirstGear jacket for my son (he was 9 or 10 at the time, he's now 11). It was a bit big for him but now it's pretty good (sleeves are still a bit on the long side). For pants I had to settle on some MX pants that seemed to offer quite a bit of padding and abrasion resistance.

Gloves for him are also of the MX persuasion.

IMG_7135.jpg