Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silveryam

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 FJR and I'm looking for some risers that do not require mods to the cables and hydraulic lines. I'd like to keep the factory tripple tree also. Got any suggestions? Thanks!

I have the GenMar Risers and it made a big improvement in comfort. No cable/line change was required.

My favorite farkle is Heli triple tree. I have a long torso and short arms, and it has made my long-distance riding much more enjoyable.

Last night, I installed the 3/4 inch riser that goes on the Heli triple tree. I am liking my riding position even more now.

I just bought a 2010 FJR and I'm looking for some risers that do not require mods to the cables and hydraulic lines. I'd like to keep the factory tripple tree also. Got any suggestions? Thanks!
No mods on Gen Mars or Heli Bars.

I just installed 1 inch risers that I bought from redlunaracing on ebay. Very good product you keep the stock triple clamp. The only modification is cutting the wire brackets that hold the cables.

I bought the same ones... Planning on doing the insatll before riding season starts up here in the Frozen north,,,

Good price

I bought the same ones... Planning on doing the insatll before riding season starts up here in the Frozen north,,,

Good price

also bought the ebay risers. Pay attention to the bit about having someone sit on the back of the bike to unload the front suspension to get the triple tree off and on again during installation.

And please use a torque wrench.

Before starting the install make sure you have a torque wrench, somthing to cut the wire cable cages with like a dremel. I had to use my 3 inch grinder with a cut off wheel. I got lucky and didn't knick anything. Allen wrench sockets, 36mm socket for the triple clamp nut, and ofcourse regular metric sockets. It took less than an hour to do the install. Make sure you have a towel handy to cover the tank and fairings. Torque specs. 85 ft.lbs. on the triple clamp nut and 19ft. lbs. on fork tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me I was scared my wire cutters wouldn't do the job. It took alot of patience with the grinder holding it just right so it wouldn't touch anything but the cages. Heres a couple pics of the finished results.

025.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg
Fixed your pics for ya ! ;)

Thank you, now how did you do it? I've been trying and couldn't figure out how to get the pics up.
When you hit the reply button, look at the "smilie" that's below "Sizes". Two icons to the right of the smilie is the "insert image" icon. Click that and paste in your HTTP image address you copied from Photobucket.

Or in photobucket when you hover over an image , four options show up, select the bottom option and directly paste it in the "reply ". It should say IMG both before and after your image tag.

Play around in the " Test " forum of the board. :D

Thank you, now how did you do it? I've been trying and couldn't figure out how to get the pics up.
Actually, it's quite easy.

Take one of your picture links: https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/pcarrigan03/025.jpg

And wrap it in image tags:
025.jpg

The image tags, of course are "img" and "/img" wrapped in [] brackets, opening and closing the picture URL.

Click "Reply" to this post and you can see the actual HTML code used to create "Image Tags".