Road Star Warrior

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a highly modified 02 warrior. Big tire conversion, raked trees, 108 CI Orient Express engine, etc etc. You couldn't even recognize it as a warrior. Loud fast and expensive. Not as fast as my FJR, but through three gears I could take on anything. I did not find rides up to 150 miles too bad. No wind protection so you NEED a full faced helmet otherwise the wind and engine noise will kill ya. Heat? Ride for an hour and then get caught at a long stop light. Let's just say I was glad I was beyond having children due to the heat that monster put out. Vibration on mine was minimal (for a v-twin). I really liked my warrior, but spent way too much money on it. The reason I sold? Wanted to do something other than the custom bike/cruiser scene. It got boring fast.
My 2 cents as well.
Well put, I think for now I will keep the fjr, I just wanted opinions on it thats all. The only negative I have on my 05 fjr is the heat, other than that its a great bike, im going to take a 3 day trip on the fjr and after reading these posts I definatly dont want to own a warrior for that, my only mod im going to get for the trip is one of those alasken seat cushins,or maybe one of those beaded ones, im still undecided.

Thanks for all the responces.

I had roadstar 1700 midnight. With Barons mods it had plenty power and little vibration. Same engine as the warrior but more built like a fatboy. I loved this ride but the fjr is just easier handling, faster, and quieter. A little less power than the warrior but more comfortable. A friend from work rides his warrior all over the country and he likes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had roadstar 1700 midnight. With Barons mods it had plenty power and little vibration. Same engine as the warrior but more built like a fatboy. I loved this ride but the fjr is just easier handling, faster, and quieter. A little less power than the warrior but more comfortable. A friend from work rides his warrior all over the country and he likes it.
Jeeze, I'm such a nit-picker, but I can't stop myself. :blink:

Following the Warrior, I also had a Roadstar, Silverado version. While the engines are largely the same, there are two major differences. The Warrior has fuel injection, while all Roadstars, until this year, were carbureted. The heads were also very different due to fuel delivery methods and compression.

The Warrior's engine is more powerful than the carbureted Roadstars. I'm sure the that the Warrior's lighter weight contributes to the sensation as much as the few added ponies do. The Roadstar is a much heavier bike than the Warrior, but I found it very well mannered, especially at parking lot speeds. My favorite aspect of the Roadstar was that the windshield was so big and effective, I could smoke a cigar while riding! Something I wouldn't try on the FJR.

I hear a lot of good things about the yammie Raider.

I love my fjr. Great for commuting, great for errands, great for weekend romps. It's fast, agile, eye candy, easy to work on, farkles galore, forum help for the bike is excellent. Have you considered an fjr? :)

I hear a lot of good things about the yammie Raider.
I love my fjr. Great for commuting, great for errands, great for weekend romps. It's fast, agile, eye candy, easy to work on, farkles galore, forum help for the bike is excellent. Have you considered an fjr? :)
My brother who I ride with owns a road star raider s and he loves it.

I have been thinking of going the crusier route because thats what everyone I ride with has, and I really like the lok of the RSW, how many here have owned one? what can you tell me about it, Will it make a good touring bike? I know I wont get the milage like the fjr and I lose storage but it has to let off less heat the then oven I ride now.

I have one and love it. I saw no reason to get rid of it when I bought the FJR. They are very different bikes. I get about 43mpg on a highway trip with it. I am not sure how good of a touring bike it will make. I can carry much more with me on the FJR and the FJR is more comfortable for a passenger.

I knew a guy who just loved road stars.

He would toss a handful onto the pavement for a tailgating cage to collect.

It's a road version of jacks.

Of course the soccer mom in the minivan four cars back had no clue.

I think it was the feeling of immediate gratification that prevented a more well thought out practice.

Those bikers.

[Disclaimer] This story is completely fictional and any similarity to persons living, deceased or in limbo, purgatory etc. is purely coincidental. Moreover it is not an endorsement by the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, ASPCA, AMA or BMFS besides, of such behavior. Get a clue.