Road Trip to NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VFR Rider

Reaction score
So RiderCoarLar and I are going to be making a road trip out to NAFO in July. I know that he sent out an invite to our Chicago area list, but if there is anyone interested in riding out with us or meeting up along the way, fee free to post up.

We are planning on leaving July 23rd and getting back on the 28th.

The tentative route looks a little something like this:

2475346050_e38b1c61c1_b.jpg

So RiderCoarLar and I are going to be making a road trip out to NAFO in July. I know that he sent out an invite to our Chicago area list, but if there is anyone interested in riding out with us or meeting up along the way, fee free to post up.
We are planning on leaving July 23rd and getting back on the 28th.
So you're getting back on the 28th? I thought NAFO didn't end until the 28th. I know Turvy and I, probably WheatonFJR, FJRRocket, Pending and TriggerT are coming back on the 29th.

So you're getting back on the 28th? I thought NAFO didn't end until the 28th. I know Turvy and I, probably WheatonFJR, FJRRocket, Pending and TriggerT are coming back on the 29th.

Sorry, I have no idea what calendar I was looking at. I know several of us are coming back on the the 27th - Sunday. Probably will just take Sunday to get back. (Think I got the dates right this time)

Um.... Check your calender griff. You are looking at july 2008 aren't ya?
Huh, yeah I thought I posted that I screwed up. Was looking at June 2008 I think. We are blasting back on the 27th, aren't we.

I might be interested in joining you on the way out....where do you plan on staying that Wednesday night? I hadn't planned on leaving a day early. I will definately be leaving for home on Sunday though.

EDIT Yes, the 27th Griff

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if something unexpected happens, and my plans for a BBG starting Tuesday (7/22) fall through, I might be interested. I am definitely interested in talking to people about the ride home.

The curves on the road are through Wisconsin and early MN, then there is nothing until you get through to South Dakota. Once in South Dakota, it is curves through the Badlands, Mt Rushmore and scenic roads down through WY and into Colorado.

The trip out is about 1500 miles and back is 950. Depending on the riding days it could be 3 days out with stops in Sioux Falls and Custer, SD. And two days back.

The route looks like this:

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest posts