Rolling Thunder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
I am in Virginia and will be riding up to DC for Rolling Thunder ,,

just wondering how many FJR's are going ,,

maybe we could have a meet spot to ride together !??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm headed to DC all next week for work, but I'm flying. What is the Rolling Thunder event? Maybe something I'd check out via taxi... ;)

here is a link to the national web site

Rolling Thunder is an anual event for the rememberance of MIA/POW's who have never been returned home, thousands of Veterans from all over the country ride in and meet in Washington each year to remind the goverment that we have not and will not forget our brothers and sisters who gave their lives to defend our country and the American way of life, in the past I have had the honor to meet vets from WWI,WWII,Korea, my fellow vets from Viet Nam,Desert Storm and Somalia

imagine thousands of bikes lined up reving their engines, it's hard to ignore

it is my personal visit to the Wall each year to touch the names of those who gave their lives so that I might find my way home

Rolling Thunder

It is one of my favorite times of year living in Frederick. My back yard over looks Rt 70 and I love hearing the bikes go by in huge numbers. It also is great to know that the men and women in this country still have not forgotten and never will.

However with my rib and collarbone being broke I don't think I will be attending myself this year.

My stepdad was in Vietnam, in the 70's, so didn't see much action but it was cool to have him come to DC 2 years ago and take him to the Vietnam and the new WW wall.

If I can I will be going to the ride on friday. I will probably be working that weekend though.

If you look at my avator, I fly on chinooks in the PA National Guard and I will probably be doing a few flyovers for some different events that weekend like we usually do, but I hope I can make it.