Round Two: motorcycle plaque

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
The staff fair is next Wednesday afternoon. I thought I'd line these three plaques up on the windscreen. We can still make edits. (As I was making the "commute" plaque, I imagined I had MadMike2 sitting on my right shoulder whispering that I needed to not appear like a hooligan.
rolleyes.gif
)

4673489832_3bd3be7415.jpg

4672916612_5ee21178fb.jpg

4672916542_75eccb93f0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good Hans, now you need a "fun" meter that is pegged! :yahoo:

Also under options, put wheelies on demand (or at a flick of the wrist). ;)

Good job, J.B.! These are much nicer and informative than what you originally posited.

Considering your likely audience, you may want to downplay the acceleration and top speed indexes (and you might want to edit your name out of this post).

Suggestions:

1.) Addition to Engine: Transmission: 5-speed.

2.) 0-60MPH: 3.2 seconds; Published in motorcycle magazines and performed by a professional rider on a closed course

3.) Top Speed: Published as 160 MPH; Much faster than I want to safely ride.

4.) This bike is comparable to the motorcycles currently used by the CHP and many local police departments.

5.) Addition for "Why Commute?" Less congestion.

6.) Any observer with basic math skills will quickly divide 5,645 miles by 86.5 hours and arrive at an average speed of 65.26 mph. The lawbreaking hooligan! You might add a disclaimer that he did not stop overnight for sleep and that much of the country he traveled through does not have a posted 55-60 mph speed limit. Also that he had extra gasoline capacity so he didn't have to stop as often as most normal or touring riders and he is adept at this type of personal physical challenge.

Just my thoughts trying to gauge the likely attendees and their possible non-"murdersickling" prejudices.

OR. . . (considering your likely audience):

"If it's too fast and scary for you . . . (choose one) Get a bicycle/Too bad for you/go F*** yourself!/um, go pound salt."

And maybe you should add "I'm sorry. I'll recycle all the metal and plastic parts and change to a nice Prius."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it worth mentioning db levels as evidence of how quiet and unobtrusive the bike is? (for those who are conscious/concerned about such neighborly/environmental matters...)

Is it worth mentioning db levels as evidence of how quiet and unobtrusive the bike is? (for those who are conscious/concerned about such neighborly/environmental matters...)
+1000! With all the bad vibes from and towards the loud pipes crowd, some mention of, "quiet as a mouse fart in church" would be a good addition.

MADMIKE2

You topped out your FJR at 150 with bags on the Benton Nv ride cause I could catch you as my wheel weight on the fron came off and could'nt do over 100 mph

rogerfjrfaster

Good job, J.B.! These are much nicer and informative than what you originally posited.
Considering your likely audience, you may want to downplay the acceleration and top speed indexes (and you might want to edit your name out of this post).

Suggestions:

1.) Addition to Engine: Transmission: 5-speed.

2.) 0-60MPH: 3.2 seconds; Published in motorcycle magazines and performed by a professional rider on a closed course

3.) Top Speed: Published as 160 MPH; Much faster than I want to safely ride.

4.) This bike is comparable to the motorcycles currently used by the CHP and many local police departments.

5.) Addition for "Why Commute?" Less congestion.

6.) Any observer with basic math skills will quickly divide 5,645 miles by 86.5 hours and arrive at an average speed of 65.26 mph. The lawbreaking hooligan! You might add a disclaimer that he did not stop overnight for sleep and that much of the country he traveled through does not have a posted 55-60 mph speed limit. Also that he had extra gasoline capacity so he didn't have to stop as often as most normal or touring riders and he is adept at this type of personal physical challenge.

Just my thoughts trying to gauge the likely attendees and their possible non-"murdersickling" prejudices.
Thanks, all, for more good suggestions. The problem is mostly space constraints--I'm using letter-size paper. I DID squeeze in several of MM's suggestions, including the 0-60 speed correction, 5-speed, and reduced pollution and congestion as reasons to commute by bike. I just didn't have space to add: "CBA time record: Creston to San Luis Obispo, 16 hours." Sorry, Don. :fuck:

J.B., thanks for letting us "play along".

I, for one, am not trying to critique your work but attempting to help tailor it to your probable target audience.

Because of your job title, you know that the basis of good communication is not what you write or say but stating things in a way that is palatable and understood by those with whom you are sharing information.

I hope it all goes well. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. ;)

J.B., thanks for letting us "play along".I, for one, am not trying to critique your work but attempting to help tailor it to your probable target audience.

Because of your job title, you know that the basis of good communication is not what you write or say but stating things in a way that is palatable and understood by those with whom you are sharing information.

I hope it all goes well. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. ;)
Thanks for all your thoughts. DD

"Used less resources to build, used less gas, had more fun than your Prius or Smart"

"Got there faster than Critical Mass-holes"

OR. . . (considering your likely audience):
"If it's too fast and scary for you . . . (choose one) Get a bicycle/Too bad for you/go F*** yourself!/um, go pound salt."

And maybe you should add "I'm sorry. I'll recycle all the metal and plastic parts and change to a nice Prius."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: