Route Planning - Yosemite / Oakhurst, Ca

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Epperson

Reaction score
My wife (Vstar 1300) and me ('07 FRJ) are going with a friend ('Wing) who's checking out ride routes for the California Southern Cruisers Rally the end of May based in Oakhurst. We're going spending a couple of nights starting March 19th to explore routes.

For sure the rides will include going in to the Yosemite via Hwy 41 to Glacier Point and the Valley floor which we've doing numerous times ourselves. The organizers of the rally are "wanting" folks back around 4 - 4:30 for evening events. I'd be interested in hearing about other routes outside the Yosemite that might be interesting for those who want to see something other than the Valley floor and Glacier Point - they must be sick :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Obvious candidates are round trips up Hwy 49 and 140 but are there other "crusier style" friendly routes which would not require back tracking? Are the the road to Ben Hur and Raymond and Coursegold cruiser / sport touring friendly

TIA,

Roy

Roy,

Let me see what I can put together for you. I'll post up a few loops that will take most of the day to complete.

For what it's worth, I had a lot of fun riding up to O'Shaughnessy Dam at Hetch Hetchy last September.