routes to/from NERDS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm......just realized I can't cross in Prescott. Have to be Cornwall or the Thousand Islands......
OK, I'll bite. :huh: Why can't you cross at Prescott? I understand that there may be lane rerouting because of some construction work but it's open for business based on what I could find?
I was a bit premature with that statement........I only said that 'cause I couldn't find it on the border crossing wait times web site............it is a crossing point.

That said............I've changed my route to this one NERDS....not Bust's

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm......just realized I can't cross in Prescott. Have to be Cornwall or the Thousand Islands......
OK, I'll bite. :huh: Why can't you cross at Prescott? I understand that there may be lane rerouting because of some construction work but it's open for business based on what I could find?
I was a bit premature with that statement........I only said that 'cause I couldn't find it on the border crossing wait times web site............it is a crossing point.

Not sure I would do that at night (Adirondack portion). Potentially a much nicer ride but watch out for forest rats.

Here's my current route.

https://maps.google.c...rflg=ht&t=h&z=7
link no workie (it got truncated)
Could not get google maps to play, I think they my be a limit to the number of characters for the link; here is an approximate route for mapquest:

https://mapq.st/qIYcLE
That looks like a great route from the Mass/NH border to Stowe. Can't really vouch for the roads in CT or MA, but I figure you must know those better than me. ;)

Could not get google maps to play, I think they my be a limit to the number of characters for the link; here is an approximate route for mapquest:

https://mapq.st/qIYcLE
That looks like a great route from the Mass/NH border to Stowe. Can't really vouch for the roads in CT or MA, but I figure you must know those better than me. ;)

I've got the CT roads down, don't know much about the middle of MA, normally I go more toward NY. Decided to try something different this time.

See ya soon :yahoo:

I'm stopping in Mill Valley, WV. for the night.

Left my Sis's house in Greenevillle, TN. mid morning, route is all secondary roads caught some 4 lane but no slab. Excellent ride to this point, US 219 in West (by God) Virginia is sweet! Little traffic and sweeper after sweeper, constant lean on the bike. :yahoo:

... Excellent ride to this point, US 219 in West (by God) Virginia is sweet! Little traffic and sweeper after sweeper, constant lean on the bike. :yahoo:
I'll vouch for 219 as well. It's a phenomenal ride. Road it in late May and hit little traffic which made it all the more sweet. The other nice thing is that it's only a days ride away.

Y'all ride safe.

I've ridden 219 all the way from NY to VA a bunch of times. Great in WV, slow going (but good) in PA. To many small towns makes it feel like it takes forever. But if you find yourself still on it in Northern PA, stop in Bradford at the Zippo Museum (trust me on this!), oh, and say Hi to Andy - Brody (where the heck has he been?! Last I heard he was touring Australia and that was about a year ago)

I was planning on getting away today but I needed to get a number of things taken care of first before I could pull away and then the rains came and I just don't like starting a ride in the rain. I can make Stowe in a day and the weather tomorrow is supposed to be acceptable.

I'll be Spotting here for the next week:

2011 NERDS

I'll be spotting here for the next week:
Damn Bill. Is that what happens to you Canucks when you come this far south? :puke:

Will you need any special accoutrements to contain all that spotting?

kotex-overnight-maxi-pads-quantity-168-547613-product-medium_image.jpg

I think there is a good drugstore nearby... :thumbsup:

:p

Not sure I would do that at night (Adirondack portion). Potentially a much nicer ride but watch out for forest rats.
10-4 on that. I was fortunate enough to be able to move my departure time ahead 4 hours so we'll be heading across in daylight.

Today was PA. back roads, WET, WET, WET. It was all good though. Just watch out for the Amish Exhaust :lol: