RTE Central Florida for June

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is an open ride I would be interested. Just moved to Jacksonville about 6 weeks ago. Looking for local week day rides if anyone is interested. Everett
It's an open ride, rock. Jacksonville is within arms length. These lunch rides are fun. I always hit my niece's house in Sanford the night before. :)

I clicked on the link above. Did you check out that menu? Good grief, I'll be drooling' all the way there. Looking forward to going. Hoping for decent weather as my back tire is on the wear bars with just over 40k miles on it. Matter of fact, with all the work I've been doing lately, I'm feeling like I'm on the wear bars too... It's been quite a while since I took a good ride on old Blue.

Gary

darksider #44

I'm looking at the weather too. They're (weathermen) talking about a front coming through Saturday, and 70% rain. I'll see how it looks Friday night/Saturday morning, then determine what I'll do.

What happened to our normal afternoon thunderstorms? 20 or so minutes, and done. Ugh!

Menu: Yes, they do great fish tacos and other items. Rustic place, been going off and on for a while now.

Weather: I looked at weather.com and they say 83% for Sat, but hourly says scattered thunderstorms, so who knows. If it's real bad then of course don't want anyone to be unsafe and/or feel pressured to ride in conditions not comfortable doing. We can always punt this for another weekend, but it would have be at least 2 weeks for me as I'm planning on the Red Lodge trip starting Monday, and even then the weekend of July 2-3 may not work as I was hoping to get to Michigan for the 4th. Please chime in with thoughts.....

Jim, I'll look at the weather tonight and tomorrow morning, and see what it looks like. If it's bad, I'll post up that I won't make it.

If there needs to be a reschedule, how about a month from now?

I won't be making this one, boys. The weather doesn't look inviting and I got slammed with work for this weekend. See y'all at the next one.

It's looking like the July 2-3 weekend is open for me; Mich for the 4th won't happen. We can do it in a month or so, maybe that would be better. The weather is not looking good for sure. Not a huge deal for us semi-locals, but sucks having to ride in thunderstorms for extended periods.

I'm good for a July resched if you all are; it would be more fun to have a good crowd show up!

I am good with putting it off. My FJR is in the shop. My son has my big cruiser.

So I would be stuck riding in the rain on a Honda Shadow!

I love you guys, but I am rethinking 3.5 hour of riding the Interstate in the rain on a shadow.

So here I am checking the weather and checking in with the forum and as I'm getting ready to plan my trip... and WHAT? Are we on or off? I'll need to know by about 8 am Saturday as I'll need to leave about that time to make it.

Gary

darksider #44

So, are definitely postponing this event? It's only an hour for me so weather isn't as big an issue as it is for you guys in South Florida and the wrong coast. July 2-3 absolutely does not work for me as I will be I Chattanooga picking two of my grandsons for their summer visit with us. So sorry, but you guys cannot compete with grandsons. I'll watch forum in morning and weather. Darn, I really was looking forward to seeing you again.