RTE in Quincy, Sat. June 22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
Tyler is riding up to visit Gayle and I for the weekend and that's a good reason for a Ride To Eat!

Meet us 8:30am if you can at the Chevron on Hwy 20 east of Marysville in Browns Valley https://goo.gl/maps/kmuBA

KSU 9 am. Ride the back roads of the foothills over to Hwy 162. Across Lake Oroville and up the beautiful twisty Bucks Lake rd. to Quincy for lunch. Most of us know what a great road we have in our back yard.

Plan to eat lunch around 12:30- 1pm at the Courthouse cafe across from the courthouse (imagine that) so if you want to meet us in Quincy that works too!

After lunch we'll stay in the high country to avoid summer temps by riding south on 89 to Truckee and old 40 / 80 to points down the hill.

We also would like to extend an invite to ride by our home off Hwy 174 near Cedar Ridge for some refreshments and a dip (toe,leg or all) in the pool if you would like to cool off before heading home.

Spread the word, who's in? Doug

The Players...
Doug & Gayle
Tyler
Sacmike
Steve & Cindy
Mike and Terri (maybe) For sure!
The other Sam, Nightshine

Simon the Blusey, we hope will make it to Quincy

Perhaps a few others from Grass Valley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to, but for better or worse I've already signed up and paid for another day at Thunderhill. I do love the Courthouse Cafe though - have a big sammich for me!

We just did this ride last weekend. Great time. Love to do it again. Add us to the list.

John and Jan.

sadsmiley.gif

I was going to say 'what a coincidence' as I was in Quincy about 1:30pm on Saturday, Quincy, WA however. Rode over Snoqualmie and Blewett to Country Boys BBQ in Cashmere, down along the river to Quincy and then down to Vantage via Ephrata and Moses Lake. Vantage to Ellensburg via the old Vantage Highway and then the I-90 concrete back to Mercer Island,. Beautiful weather, light traffic until I go to about a mile east of MI where the traffic was backed up on I-90 because the 520 bridge was closed again. First of many cross mountain runs for the summer with a bunch out around the Olymic Peninsula/Cape Flattery for good measure. Gotta love the summer weather in the Northwest.

I was going to say 'what a coincidence' as I was in Quincy about 1:30pm on Saturday, Quincy, WA however. Rode over Snoqualmie and Blewett to Country Boys BBQ in Cashmere, down along the river to Quincy and then down to Vantage via Ephrata and Moses Lake. Vantage to Ellensburg via the old Vantage Highway and then the I-90 concrete back to Mercer Island,. Beautiful weather, light traffic until I go to about a mile east of MI where the traffic was backed up on I-90 because the 520 bridge was closed again. First of many cross mountain runs for the summer with a bunch out around the Olymic Peninsula/Cape Flattery for good measure. Gotta love the summer weather in the Northwest.
So now you need to come down to our Quincy
smile.png

I may drop by to say hello to the NorCal gang, probably closer to you guys finishing lunch.

Tentatively it looks like we'll be riding the twisties form Reno down to Oroville then up the fun Quincy-LaPorte road (that road is so boring, I wish Norcal had better roads
wink.png
) on our way to Lake Almanor. We'll be leaving Reno around the same time (maybe a tad earlier) you guys split from Lake O.

We'll see.
wink.png

Latest posts