RTL in Lake George (NY), last Meetup of '15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top_Speed1

Panama Canal Crosser
Reaction score
I just booked an in-expensive ($68) room in Lake George for a last of the year Ride-in; Sat 10/24. Any interested riders are more than welcome to join-in. This will be more like a RTE (Ride to Eat), but I'll rephrase it as a RTL (Ride to Lodge). And, did I mention "L" in the RTL is inexpensive!?
smile.png
...and, for downtown Lake George, this is very cheap!

Ride-in; Saturday October 24th

Ride-home; Sunday October 25th (or?)

Hotel

NY190A1.JPG

Econo Lodge Downtown*

439 Canada St., Lake George, NY, 12845, US
They have a 48hr cancellation notice. Book-it, if the weather looks gnarly, cancel it!

*I booked thru Choice Hotels however, as they were a little cheaper than everyone else, $68 w/ AAA discount. Hotels.com and Expedia also discount this hotel as well. Riders choice.

Coming in from the West?, you can plan an exciting romp through the Adirondacks!

Coming from the East?, you have VT and all the NERDS area to conform!

Coming from the North?, well, you have more warmth, lol... and being more serious; all of the upper 'Dacks!

Coming from the South?, The Catskills!

So all roads point to this RTL.

We will do a group dinner in Lake George Sat nite. Our tire-kicking parking lot BS sessions are mandatory, so yes, we'll have that too. It's a gorgeous area... so plan on this RTL, you will really love the area and it still should be in-color!. Sunday will be ride-home day, plan alternate roads from what you took to come in on.... fun!, and more importantly... cheap fun!

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that's the weekend we have to be a Trevor's school for a family weekend in Erie. I'll look into it more and get back to you guys.

*UPDATE*

I switched lodging to the EconoLodge, Downtown Lake George. (see original post#1 EDITED!).

It was only $8 more, and, we are smack-dab in the middle of town, within easy walking distance to every restaurant and pub. If only it was this inexpensive during the season, but, I'll observe and scout for a possible NERDS '16 homebase.

So as a few wanted an overview of this RTL (Ride to Lodge) Meetup.....

-- Couples? Why not? and, I will have Debbie along with me. She would love other females to mingle with.
smile.gif

-- Check-in is 2pm. I expect to be in no later than 4pm. But your schedule is yours, no problems anyway.

-- Our Group Dinner (walking distance) will be the Sat nite, maybe we depart (walk) to it around 7 or so?

-- Parking lot social! (5-7pm?) This just seems to be the norm with our group's bike events. So, we shall uphold this but on a smaller scale. Once I check-in, off to a store for some adult beverages, come back and crack 'em open and start up the BS sessions. Having happy-hour this way (at our parking lot, usually next to our line-up of bikes) makes for 2 things. Cheaper drinks, better conversations and we can be much louder than what we can be at the restaurant.

-- I checked with the Motel. They also have a large front porch, suitable for a lot of folks & street/people peeping. We are okay (to bring our adult beverages) and, enjoy the views that way as well. The desk clerk said it's a very popular spot, and, they are use to bikers; having played host to the Americade there every year in June.
smile.gif

Postup any Q's, I'm flexible and I want us (as a group) to have one last blast before winter.! Plus, get your ressies in! This being more the off-season, it still will be sold out, especially being a Sat nite [and] fall foliage is very popular in this region!

Hope to see you there!
KJ & Debbie

The plan is to take Mel for a test ride at some point this week, to see how she feels on the back of the bike. I think the odds of her being ready for a 6 hour ride are slim, but my fingers are crossed. We would both love to get one more trip in this year, but I am hesitant to go without her. She will want me to go, whether she can ride or not, but I don't know if I want to go without her.

The plan is to take Mel for a test ride at some point this week, to see how she feels on the back of the bike. I think the odds of her being ready for a 6 hour ride are slim, but my fingers are crossed. We would both love to get one more trip in this year, but I am hesitant to go without her. She will want me to go, whether she can ride or not, but I don't know if I want to go without her.
See how she feels Jon. Then if you wanna ride-in together, I am on your way to the RTL. We could maybe mix-in some slab to shorten the ride also. See this map

(includes a lunch stop at Van's Tavern, a must stop when going thru the lower 'daks area)

So that mapped ride is a little over 3hrs, we still could take in the lower 'Daks. So If you slab to me (2hrs?) we can get this down to 5hrs of actual ride time for you. So my departure time (from Waterloo NY) is around 11:00am-ish

It would be great to have you, but, don't push it if she's iffy on it. We got next year buddy!

This just in from Dave (AdirondackJack)... who owns the "Original Grip Buddies" Co.

************************************NEWSFLASH***************************************************

I was dead serious about giving out Free Beemer Buddies at the Lake George RTL next weekend. I did get a couple PM's and emails from folks thinking about going and wondering if my offer was for real, and I reassured them that I wold indeed be there playing Santa Clause. As far as I am concerned, any activity where Top_Speed1 is involved, I want to support it. We spent time together at the Nationals and Fingerlakes Rally, and he and Deb are a real hoot.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. I'll bring plenty of sets, and you will get a set, even if you already have them on your bike. Can't hurt to have a spare set on your shelf, or re-gift them to someone for birthday or Christmas.

This is just my little way of giving back to a great group of folks who have supported my little business since the beginning a couple years ago. I really appreciate what you guys have done for OGB, and this is little enough thanks for all of that un-wavering support.

See you guys next weekend.

Best,

Rep
So thee who shows up?, gets a free set of grip buddies. These are not the cheap foam ones either. Dave will also install them on the spot for you during our parking lot shenanigans, maybe shoot him a beer and a hand shake! :)

The Fall foliage is pretty much peak right now. Where better than to serve up sights of the 'Daks and of course spectacular Lake George.

This is just my little way of giving back to a great group of folks who have supported my little business since the beginning a couple years ago. I really appreciate what you guys have done for OGB, and this is little enough thanks for all of that un-wavering support.
See you guys next weekend.

Best,

Rep

Seriously? If I can't make it this weekend I'll buy a set, just on principal. If I do make it, I'll order something else. I'd for sure like to shake Dave's hand.

Seriously? If I can't make it this weekend I'll buy a set, just on principal. If I do make it, I'll order something else. I'd for sure like to shake Dave's hand.
Jon, jus come in person and meet botha Dave, drink some adult beverages in our large parking lot with him. I know he said I was a "hoot" ^^^, but, I'd say it's the other way around!

Here's his website: Original Grip Buddies

And, knowing Dave, he'll bring like100 sets!.... if he wants to play Santa... let him! (it's the joy of giving!)
smile.png

451dc07840b80276a63c5b6e2b4fc0ee_ir6a.jpg

Don, you're too much!... and, now I'm telling Debbie that you are coming.
smile.png

KJ, Son Seth's Mom Jean is from Corinth. I have been power boating on Lake George many times over the last 20 years, a really beautiful area. JSNS, Winter Sucks!

KJ, Son Seth's Mom Jean is from Corinth. I have been power boating on Lake George many times over the last 20 years, a really beautiful area. JSNS, Winter Sucks!
Ahhh I see! (and pretty darn cool!) Corinth is only about 6-miles down 9N from Lake George. Been through it many a time, guess I now should stop and get a free beer from the locals (once that they know I know you, right?). I was once engaged to a girl from Broadalbin (on the Great Sacadonga Lake). So that area is pretty well known to ole TS1. Perfect Fall Peeping region, hence my idea "now" for this RTL.

Fall in Corinth

1027498.jpg

Not going to happen for me/us. Looks like we'll be waiting until next year for Mel to ride more than 25 miles at a shot.

Can't make this one unfortunately. She has to work Saturday and the list of household chores to take care of before winter isn't getting any shorter if I go riding. Maybe next time.

Latest posts