Rumors of a Honda Supersport apparently false

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-_-

vfr1200-motoblog1.jpg
Intrigued to learn more but likely not a buyer in this configuration due to the fixed wind deflector/mirror holder. Not only doesn't it look like it can change position but it looks to be near impossible to replace with a larger aftermarket shield. Too bad.

Intrigued to learn more but likely not a buyer in this configuration due to the fixed wind deflector/mirror holder. Not only doesn't it look like it can change position but it looks to be near impossible to replace with a larger aftermarket shield. Too bad.

As long as you can see things behind you, unlike some other ST's out there currently, I am fine with the mirrors. I dont want mine chromed out or whatnot, however, flat black Rustoleum takes care of that in about 10min.

I think we need understand that there is going to be two distinct models that will (hopefully) be released....

The one in the pics is a smaller ST that's similar to the K1300-S, period. That's one will replace the current VFR/Interceptor-800.

The second one will be a larger version that will replace the current ST1300. That's the one that will have the electric windshield and all of the other ST gadgets we're so used to.

It looks as though this bike will be revealed at the Tokyo Motorcycle Show, Oct. 24th, as the VFR1200F.

Copy from an article posted today on the Motorcycle USA website: "Honda is saving the details for Tokyo, but here’s what it has said about the new VFR. First, Honda confirms it is a “sport-touring bike.” So the mysterious new VFR is not a V-4 superbike as the enigmatic V-4 concept unveiled at last year’s INTERMOT Show hinted."

Hmmmmm.... 24 more days...

It looks as though this bike will be revealed at the Tokyo Motorcycle Show, Oct. 24th, as the VFR1200F.
Hopefully, it will make it to San Bruno to be seen locally.

First, Honda confirms it is a “sport-touring bike.” So the mysterious new VFR is not a V-4 superbike as the enigmatic V-4 concept unveiled at last year’s INTERMOT Show hinted."
Hmmmmm.... 24 more days...
Interesting....

And the guessing game continues...
MCN: VFR1200 - 160HP & More Secrets Revealed

Ok, 23 days and counting... :glare:

warming up your checkbook??
Not for this one - not just yet anyway. I've no plans to trade the FJR until at least 2012, and I'd like to see this new V4 and dual-clutch transmission on the road for at least 2 years before taking that leap (I'll let the early adopters have all the fun...).

That said, I'm still looking for that 2nd bike and if Honda brings the CB1100 to the US, it'll be at the top of my list (in cafe trim yes please). :D

Got a rear shot anywhere? How does that uber-fucked exhaust NOT hit the right saddlebag with excessive heat?! I'm sure Honda has that figured out;I am just not seeing it from this side-shot only....
shrug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a rear shot anywhere? How does that uber-fucked exhaust NOT hit the right saddlebag with excessive heat?! I'm sure Honda has that figured out;I am just not seeing it from this side-shot only....
shrug.gif
No rear shots (as yet), only these...

HondaVFR1200ST_02.jpg

HondaVFR1200ST_03.jpg

It *looks* like the bottom of the hard bags are concaved thus the exhaust gasses flow unobstructed underneath the bag...?

EDIT: I found another picture which shows this concaved bag shape much better. And, if you look closely, it appears that there's some sort of a heat shield attached to underside of the bag as well.

Honda-IMG_0340.jpg

Details on the ST setup...

HondaVFR1200ST_04.jpg

VFR1200F with Dress-up Parts and Accessories

Specially designed to match the VFR1200F impressive styling, a range of accessories have been developed together with this top-of-the-line sports touring machine. Special panniers (each with a capacious 29-liter capacity) were designed for enhanced long-distance touring convenience, while a 40-liter top box is also available for greater carrying capacity. A newly developed grip heater system further assures supreme riding comfort on even cold days.

shrug.gif
I can't find it handy, but I've seen some rear shots that showed the muffler. It appears that although the rear of the muffler is quite 'tall' the actual outlet is fairly small and low, and aimed pretty much straight back, so the exhaust gasses should be heading back and underneath the bags.

Unfortunately, from the pics I've seen, it looks like it might be difficult to design a replacement exhaust system that clears the stock bags without being 'long'.

But, I'm nowhere near as creative as the various aftermarket exhaust people, I'm sure they'll come up with something to satisfy those that don't want that big chrome thing on their VFR.

Sorry, JAVFR, (just another VFR). Heavy, not sport bike, piss poor touring abilities, worthless windscreen, quasi sport bike riding position. Yep, just another vfr with some updates and trinkets. Wonder how much they spent on marketing? They would be money ahead to kill it now.

Sorry, JAVFR, (just another VFR). Heavy, not sport bike, piss poor touring abilities, worthless windscreen, quasi sport bike riding position. Yep, just another vfr with some updates and trinkets. Wonder how much they spent on marketing? They would be money ahead to kill it now.
Follow along with the test rides happening in Japan this week: MCN's Honda VFR 1200F Test Ride Blog

So far so good (and he also seemed to like the dual-clutch version in a separate write-up too)...

Seriously?

Yeah... that VFR. What a dog. :blink:

Ever spend much time on one?