running bad (feeling blessed)...limped home (walking on air)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, we don't need an accounting. Especially the former military among us. We trust you to do what fits best for you.
We are damn glad you are back to doing what you do well, and what makes you, well, you. The PGR is something you have every right to be proud of, and we appreciate your participation.
I realize that, my friend...I guess, in a way, I posted it primarily for me...that money is sacred...I probably needed to see it in black and white to be reminded I'm worthy...it's not a big deal, I'm good and "stable" with it, but I'm so grateful, wayyyyy grateful, and am still at the top of the mountain...

In effect, how I chose to do my PGR job is expensive...you all have made my worries about that moot for a long time

I am enjoying sharing what I do, even in some detail, so you can enjoy what you have done and be reminded of it

it's not a little thing, and my and all of your feelings staying on top of the mountain for a long time...well, there nothing wrong with that

and it's a team effort...especially since my disability, I had to learn swallow my argonance and pride and learn to receive. That's been a good growing experience. So have have hundreds of my dear friends on my team...will what's better than that

tooling down the road with a big smile, with each of you symbolically between my legs...oh wait...
uhoh.gif
On second thought Mike, keep up the reports.

This morning, I've got a heavy heart for our friends in Boston and our country in general. I fear our timing for fixing Isabella may have been bittersweet.

Ride on, my friend.

On second thought Mike, keep up the reports.
This morning, I've got a heavy heart for our friends in Boston and our country in general. I fear our timing for fixing Isabella may have been bittersweet.

Ride on, my friend.
I choose to focus on the reports from the Boston tragedy of the heros:

1) EMT immediately going in harms way to triash and treat the injured

2) Police responding to protect, serve, and have the cell towers turned off

3) and my favorite, both the Military Members running the race in cameo uniforms with full combat packs plus military spectators tearing down the security barricades and carrying those injured and stunned who could be moved to the makeshift aid stations.

ruck4_0.jpg

Well, Mike, sorry, but that Youtube vid was posted last December, so it ain't the same guys.

Doesn't take away from the feat they accomplished, though!

Mike, I just caught wind of this. Glad you are back on the road. I was worried (before I got to the happy ending) that you would be grounded for a while. Looking forward to seeing you at SFO. Thank you for your service.

GP

I really like your latest stickers Patriot. I hope that you are enjoying the new motor. Do you feel any difference in power, mpg, vibration, or anything else? I know it sounded very strong to me when we got her home the other day.

I really like your latest stickers Patriot. I hope that you are enjoying the new motor. Do you feel any difference in power, mpg, vibration, or anything else? I know it sounded very strong to me when we got her home the other day.
there seems to be some kind of "clicking" noise...like the sound of an old fashioned wind up clock
angel.gif

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

it seems pretty perfect to me...this weekend I rode 650mi Thur - Sun

smooth, strong, effortless...mpg: same as last 2 engines...I seem to hit reserve right at 175mi almost like clockwork

the idle is set to like 950, and I remember the recommendation is 1100

but it seems I (again) screwed up the adjustment screw at the fuel injection throttle stop

I think I tried to turn it before cracking open the throttle...WFooshee had fixed it last time by pulling the air box

It runs and idles well, so I'm probably OCDing over it

I watched the HBO Movie Taking Chance recently. From looking at these videos, it would appear that at least parts of that movie were realistic.

Your doing a good thing, Mike. Ride on, brother.

I've just read this from start to finish. What a great heartwarming thread. I don't get to this forum as often as I maybe should (being in Australia & all), but all I can say is AWESOME. Mike, you do great work, and every contribution here was fantastic, from words of support & care, through encouragement, monetary contributions and time and resources. All of you rock!