Sac Area--Who's Attending FJRay's September RTE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are not going to do that route around Medicine Lake and Lava Beds? Hmmm. I must be confusing who is riding where with all those routes being posted back and forth..
Sam, I posted that route for TominCa on his way home. The route from Harris Spring rd. to Lava beds is very nice but may not have the time with wanting a mellow pace and getting to K. Falls before 6 pm. You are welcome to ride up with us and split off at Harris Spring RD. I may do Harris Spring Rd to Doris and let Tyler & Don continue on 89 to I 5. That last section (Harris Spg. etc) gets a bit tight and bumpy which is not much fun for Tyler on her Spyder.

We are riding this with a 8 am leave from Grass Valley https://goo.gl/maps/zSBoq
As things stand today, I'll join you but will opt for Harris Spring Rd at the split. See you next week. Thanks again for the route suggestions.

PLEASE NOTE: Wingshot, Low and Silent and CAJW are now added to the list, johnny80s is still just a Big Pussy sucking air and Bokerfork/RsvlFeej are still fecking around!

Calling Old Michael to the White Courtesy Phone: Would you please kick Mark and Al in their balls and get them signed up! Thank You, The Management

ATTENTION: The Bustanut joker La Pine, Oregon Ride to Eat Rolling Cluster Fuck Reuben Eats is eight days from today. If you are going and are not on the list below, please let me know and I will add you to the list. If you are on the list and are now NOT going, due to a sex change operation or you have turned Italian, please let me know and I will remove you from the Attendance List.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU'RE ATTENDING AND ARE NOT ON THE LIST BELOW-GIVE ME A SHOUT AND I'LL ADD YOU ASAP! Current Attendance Roster for Oregon Ride to Eat in September! List as of 9/7/12:

IN LIKE FLYNN: Please Note: If you are packing a pillion passenger with you please let me know and I will add their name behind yours as the Rider! Such as dcarver and Fairlaner!

Low and Silent

CAJW

wingshot

HYCLE and Terri

Bugman

Nazgul

Bluestreek and Cyndi

SockMonkey

Fingerflicker

Big-D

marcusorelius and Duke The Wonder Dog

TomInCA

FJRay's Daughters

Mark and Diane

Jer

Exskibum

wabill

gregory

Duster750hp

ahchiu

lustypan

Fairlaner

Jorstin

cali_rider

bikerskier

juniorfjr

gfran and Cindy

Longrider

dcarver

huchieglide and Pam

puppychow

Tucson Joe

Fly Bye

wingshot

GalaxyBlue

Bugnatr

NightShine

Dr. Rich

SacramentoMike

RPrice

Bustanut joker

FJRay

escapefjrtist

alchemy

Old Michael

BeemerDonS

rogdeb

Niehart

Tyler

AuburnFJR

blufjr

n20sx and Amy

Kph

Dudewado

ShinyPartsUp and Kat

VStromDewey

HotRodZilla

barb

Still fecking around list:

Al - Feeger is still feckin' around.

Bokerfork

SkooterG

BikerGeek99

RenoJohn

Last edited by a moderator:
If you shorten the ride by taking 3 north and pick up 97, I'll take it. I have already been up through Mt Lassen this year. Like you,I have not done that section of 3 into Oregon, but I'm pretty adept at programming a GPS :p . The section of 36 that we would get to take is IMO some of the best with a good variety of rollers and twisties, but leaving out most of the one-lane goat trail. I concur with Exskibum's route advice.

FYI I rode from Red Bluff to Fortuna in August, and all that one lane goat trail has been replaced with nice new pavement. So new it's not even striped yet.

OK so I'm in. What time are KSU from the Chevron in Grass Valley? And is anyone still looking for a roomie at the Cimarron or should I book my own? After lunch in La Pine I'm heading north to Dundee to meet a buddy from work who has a winery up there so won't be joining the trip back south.

OK so I'm in. What time are KSU from the Chevron in Grass Valley? And is anyone still looking for a roomie at the Cimarron or should I book my own? After lunch in La Pine I'm heading north to Dundee to meet a buddy from work who has a winery up there so won't be joining the trip back south.
I have a room with double queen beds at the Cimarron. You are welcome to room with me Russ. See ya in a few days then! :)

Here's the route Tyler and I will be riding from Grass Valley on Friday the 14th. She wants a 8am leave time so plan accordingly.

We will enjoy the first 60 miles along the Yuba River on beautiful Hwy 49 up to Hwy 89 and on to Quincy for a late breakfast/early lunch at the Courthouse Cafe along with a fuel stop. With a pass on the east side of Lake Almanor and up Hwy 44 to 89 the speed limits open up to 65 in places. Another fuel stop in Burney and we're good to go to Klamath Falls and pre Ruben party.

Of course there may be a few stops for fire suppression along the way :eek:

BeemerDon, you still in with us? Anyone else?

PM me if you need my cell #

Doug

https://goo.gl/maps/zSBoq
I'm going to be following your route. Don't wait for us, since you're riding with Tyler, we'll just catch up at a photo stop. I expect about a 1/2 hour to 45 minute later start...actually I'll start at the same time but from Sac. We may even get to Quincy via Bucks Lake Rd. Maybe you can send a text message if you arrive in Quincy before us. nine three nine fourty four fourty 4 in 916.

Our group will be on the GMRS Kenwwood channel 15 (462.7250) which is Channel 22 for most of the consumer FRS/GMRS radios.

PLEASE NOTE: russperry is now added to the list and Bokerfork/RsvlFeej are still fecking around!

ATTENTION: The Bustanut joker La Pine, Oregon Ride to Eat Rolling Cluster Fuck Reuben Eats is this coming Saturday. If you are going and are not on the list below, please let me know and I will add you to the list. If you are on the list and are now NOT going, due to a sex change operation or you have turned Italian, please let me know and I will remove you from the Attendance List.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU'RE ATTENDING AND ARE NOT ON THE LIST BELOW-GIVE ME A SHOUT AND I'LL ADD YOU ASAP! Current Attendance Roster for Oregon Ride to Eat in September! List as of 9/10/12:

IN LIKE FLYNN: Please Note: If you are packing a pillion passenger with you please let me know and I will add their name behind yours as the Rider! Such as dcarver and Fairlaner!

russperry

Low and Silent

CAJW

wingshot

HYCLE and Terri

Bugman

Nazgul

Bluestreek and Cyndi

SockMonkey

Fingerflicker

Big-D

marcusorelius and Duke The Wonder Dog

TomInCA

FJRay's Daughters

Mark and Diane

Jer

Exskibum

wabill

gregory

Duster750hp

ahchiu

lustypan

Fairlaner

Jorstin

cali_rider

bikerskier

juniorfjr

gfran and Cindy

Longrider

dcarver

huchieglide and Pam

puppychow

Tucson Joe

Fly Bye

wingshot

GalaxyBlue

Bugnatr

NightShine

Dr. Rich

SacramentoMike

RPrice

Bustanut joker

FJRay

escapefjrtist

alchemy

Old Michael

BeemerDonS

rogdeb

Niehart

Tyler

AuburnFJR

blufjr

n20sx and Amy

Kph

Dudewado

ShinyPartsUp and Kat

VStromDewey

HotRodZilla

barb

Still fecking around list:

Al - Feeger is still feckin' around.

Bokerfork

SkooterG

BikerGeek99

RenoJohn

OK so I'm in. What time are KSU from the Chevron in Grass Valley?
Tyler wants a 8 am KSU from the Chevron.

Here's the route Tyler and I will be riding from Grass Valley on Friday the 14th. She wants a 8am leave time so plan accordingly.

We will enjoy the first 60 miles along the Yuba River on beautiful Hwy 49 up to Hwy 89 and on to Quincy for a late breakfast/early lunch at the Courthouse Cafe along with a fuel stop. With a pass on the east side of Lake Almanor and up Hwy 44 to 89 the speed limits open up to 65 in places. Another fuel stop in Burney and we're good to go to Klamath Falls and pre Ruben party.

Doug

I'm going to be following your route. Don't wait for us, since you're riding with Tyler, we'll just catch up at a photo stop. I expect about a 1/2 hour to 45 minute later start...actually I'll start at the same time but from Sac. We may even get to Quincy via Bucks Lake Rd. Maybe you can send a text message if you arrive in Quincy before us. nine three nine fourty four fourty 4 in 916.

Our group will be on the GMRS Kenwwood channel 15 (462.7250) which is Channel 22 for most of the consumer FRS/GMRS radios.
I think I have your number correct Tom, I will pm both of you my cell.

OK so I'm in. What time are KSU from the Chevron in Grass Valley?
Tyler wants a 8 am KSU from the Chevron.

Doug

I think I have your number correct Tom, I will pm both of you my cell.
Doug, Tom and Russ: If you need to call me on my radio use - U812!

I have a room with double queen beds at the Cimarron. You are welcome to room with me Russ. See ya in a few days then! :)
Thanks Sam, I'll take you up on the offer.

What a great ride and an impressive list of riders! I am truly sorry to be missing this rendezvous but a previously scheduled trip to points (far) west and south of La Pine will ease the pain. I hope that they serve Reubens at the Volcano House....or at the Mauna Kea.

What a great ride and an impressive list of riders! I am truly sorry to be missing this rendezvous but a previously scheduled trip to points (far) west and south of Lapine will ease the pain. I hope that they serve Reubens at the Volcano House....or at the Mauna Kea.

Wish you could make it Joe. How bout we send you a Ruben via UPS? Wouldn't want you to starve over there :p

Sounds like a good idea to me, 'Bug. Just pack the kraut and the dressing separately and I will warm the whole thing up over a lava flow.

I have programmed the various route alternatives into MapSource, and am offering the GBD or GPX files. We have four alternate routes from Sacramento to Klamath Falls via:

• Meet at Silver Skillet for Breakfast and gas, then I-5 to Red Bluff, Hwy 36 and Hwy 3 and along the Trinity Lake to Gazelle Calahan Rd then through Weed to 97 North.
  • The Bugnatr Route from Grass Valley Chevron to Quincy Courthouse Cafe, then Lake Almanor, Subway Cave, Burney and 89 N to I-5 and Hwy 97.
  • The Medicine Lake alternate follows the group route but cuts north on Medicine Lake road to Lava Beds Nat'l Monument
  • And the Medicine Lake alternate with a Bucks Lake Road trip to Quincy.
All routes range from 375 to 415 miles and take 7.5 to 8 hours not including stops. Figure on a minimum 10 hour day depending on stops. Insert Lassen Peak Hwy Waypoint in any route before Subway Cave to go through the National Park (adds about 20 miles but takes at least 1-hour longer).

The map files include waypoints for hotels, the Harvest Depot Restaurant, FJ Ray's house and other points of interest. There is also a route from Klamath Falls to LaPine via Crater Lake.

If anyone wants the Garmin GDB or GPX file for these routes send a PM with your email address and request the GDB (native Garmin), or larger GPX file. Map base is Garmin 2013.2.

Klamath2.jpg

Klamath3.jpg

Nice maps Tom. It may be quicker to go Hwy 70 from 99 to Oroville, skip Live Oak and Gridley.

Headed out now on the Katoom to meet the Stanley boys in Lee Vining Thursday, meet Tyler in Kirkwood on the way back and Russperry will make a midnight showing in Grass Valley so he can join our 8 am departure Friday morning form Grass Valley.

Don't hold up the parade for me at 8am in Grass Valley, if I am late. I will catch up along the way somewhere. :)