Salvage Bikes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james1300

Reaction score
Where in the Pacific North West, do the insurance companys sell their salvage bikes?

Is there an auction?

Do yards bid on all salvage? :huh:

When I was in Kalifornia a group of us would go to the Insurance holding yard. They had to think you represented a company. :rolleyes: You had to register (make up company name). It wasn't open to the public at large. A packet of 8 1/2 X11 sheets would list the vehicles up at that weeks auction. I did end up buying my XS1100 Special. The key was in it when I found it and it ran fine. I took the key and won the bid $6??. Handlebars and top frame aft of the shocks was rearanged. Took it for frame check. Front end check. Rode fine even to 140. I also bought a 78 XJ 750 minus a front end. I would talk to the Insurance Companies. You should be able to find out where they hold the auctions. Tow truck Drivers / Companies would also know where they take the totals. LEO's would also know. Come on back with what you find out. TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Try https://klode.com/ or copart.com. You have to have a dealers license to purchase, and there is lots of paperwork involved. I was able to get my dealers license fairly easy, but getting into these lots was more work.