San Diego Ride May 6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil San Diego

One of "...those guys..."
Reaction score
Here's the update.

We'll meet at the big flag Shell Station in Temecula at Temecula Pkwy and the 15. Meet at 8 AM, KSU at 8:30 AM.

Let's do Ynotride's (Dan) route, looks like a good one. We can append the route on the way if needed. Should be able to stop in Julian and grab a pie or two for those that need such things.

Lunch at Barrett Junction Cafe down on the south end on the 94. On your own for the way home as needed.

The Players:

Pegscaper (Ed)

Ynotride (Dan)

Johnnie80s (John)

Johnnie80s Friend (...wait...John has a friend??!!)

Neil San Diego and Janet

So, here we go...

Ed (Pegscraper) will be visiting San Diego over the weekend of May 6, and we are planning on a ride of some sort on May 6. No destination is decided yet, but we have time. Maybe Anza Borrego, maybe Big Bear, ...?

Anyone want to tag along?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in
punk.gif

Ed (Pegscraper) will be visiting San Diego over the weekend of May 6, and we are planning on a ride of some sort on May 6. No destination is decided yet, but we have time. Maybe Anza Borrego, maybe Big Bear, ...?
Anyone want to tag along?
It will be good seeing familiar riding peeps and the riding routes since moving to AZ. Have roads gotten anymore congested in the 3 1/2 years while I've been away?

It was a strange riding adjustment from CA to AZ, no lane splitting allowed (not much traffic anyway) and no helmets required. People here can drive while on their cells and text and carry without a permit. It is like the wild west. Yahoo!

y not ride says it all. The other SoCAL folks must have traded their FJRs in for rocking chairs. The ride date shouldn't be a problem. It misses their scheduled egg hunts and it doesn't conflict with mother.

If the SoCAL roads are that boring, then move to AZ, NM or CO.

Neil, put Johnny80s + a friend as riding with the group.

Is Grade Rd by Palomar mountain part of the ride? The Julian pies stop would be great too. Where is the meetup (KSU) and is lunch included and where (if)? Maybe a pizza stop at the Mainwood Manor would be the deal-breaker.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am down to ride wherever the group decides. keep in mind Grade Rd/Palomar mtn gets really busy with squids after 9am or so. If we do have that on the route we should try to hit it early in the morning before they wake up
smile.png

Agree with Dan, I would avoid Palomar Mountain like the plague on the weekends.

Here's one ride suggestion:

Start in Temecula (Temecula Pkwy and 15)

Head to Warner Springs

Head to Julian

Head down to the 8 (via Mount Laguna or Cuyumaca)

Head down to 94

Stop for lunch at Barrett Junction Cafe (Barrett Junction)

That's about 120 miles to lunch

That ride looks like a multi terrain type that ends with slab it back to Vista. If we do KSU early enough we could beat the crotch rockets over Palomar Mtn in the morning.

For those joining and on the fence, what do you think of the route. Any other choices?

Shell station in Temecula for KSU at what time Neil? This is your baby. I'm just along for the ride.
punk.gif