Sargent Seat for 06/07 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temp357

Reaction score
NOW AVAILABLE FROM SARGENT CYCLE PRODUCTS!

YAMAHA 2006+ FJR1300 FRONT SEAT RELEASE!

Because you expressed an interest in the Yamaha 2006+ FJR1300 World Sport Performance Seat during the development phase, we are pleased to extend this special introductory offer on the FJR 1300 Front Seat release exclusively to you:

SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICES START AT $299.95**

Save $50.00!

Standard Upholstery Configurations start at $349.95**

The fit and finish are beautiful. The comfort is exceptional. I've got the new seat on my 06 and can now sit all day on it. I've been using this "first seat" for the 06 since last September. They offered me a new one instead of the prototype I have been using and I would not take it....once a seat fits this well don't screw with it!

NOW AVAILABLE FROM SARGENT CYCLE PRODUCTS!YAMAHA 2006+ FJR1300 FRONT SEAT RELEASE!

Because you expressed an interest in the Yamaha 2006+ FJR1300 World Sport Performance Seat during the development phase, we are pleased to extend this special introductory offer on the FJR 1300 Front Seat release exclusively to you:

Save $50.00!

So how do you get the $299 price?

To: <[email protected]>

Subject: World Sport UPDATE - Yamaha 06+ FJR 1300 Front Seat Release!

Date: Monday, March 19, 2007 4:05 PM

NOW AVAILABLE FROM SARGENT CYCLE PRODUCTS!

YAMAHA 2006+ FJR1300 FRONT SEAT RELEASE! Because you expressed an interest in the Yamaha 2006+ FJR1300 World Sport Performance Seat during the development phase, we are pleased to extend this special introductory offer on the FJR 1300 Front Seat release exclusively to you: SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICES START AT $299.95**

Save $50.00!

Standard Upholstery Configurations start at $349.95** This World Sport Performance Front Seat for the FJR1300 offers:

A precision-molded, lightweight PolyTec seat pan with all hardware meticulously engineered and installed.

Built-in under-the-seat storage.

Super Cell Atomic Foam and enhanced foam shape for incredible long distance comfort.

Choose from these standard upholstery configurations - GRIPTEX or CarbonFX seating inserts with black welt and black trim, or CarbonFX seating inserts with metallic silver welt and black trim (for an additional charge).

Other color-coordinated welt is also available (re-stocking fees apply for non-standard upholstery configurations).

Shown with CarbonFX insert, Metallic Silver Welt, Black Trim. Front seat features an under-the-seat storage area with hinged door. A DIY Matching Rear Seat Cover is available and sold separately. That's Not All. Soon, a complete matching rear seat and passenger backrest with superior passenger comfort will be available to complete your World Sport set-up for the FJR1300. An additional discount for these new items will be offered exclusively to our pre-registered customers once they become available. In the meantime, an optional, matching rear seat cover is available.

Sargent also offers a Complete Heat Upgrade option, which features our FINEWIRE heating element installation and a fully variable Chilli electronic controller. This may be installed in one or both of the World Sports seats for $150.00 per seating area - just request it when you call.

This exclusive offer is made to you at no obligation to purchase. But, don't delay; this offer is good for a limited time only***. And, as always, you have our 30-day money-back guarantee (re-stocking fees apply to non-standard configurations and heat upgrades).

So, give us a call at 1-800-749-7328 (904-354-4531), and tell us about your FJR1300.

Thank you for your patience and loyal support.

Sincerely, Promotion Code:

YFJR0307 Mark Todd

President

P.S. This $50.00 Savings*** is only available for folks like you who signed up in advance for this promotion!

Part Number and Special Pricing Information: Front Seat Only: Special Pre-Registration Pricing: WS-560F-09 - Griptex, Black Welt, Black Trim $299.95 WS-560F-18 - CarbonFX, Metallic Silver Welt, Black Trim $319.95 WS-560F-19 - CarbonFX, Black Welt, Black Trim $299.95 WS-560F-NS* - Non-Standard Configurations

Optional Colors: Cobalt Blue, Custom $319.95*

*Restocking fees apply SS-731R - Do-It-Yourself Matching Rear Seat Cover: $39.00

Front Seat Only with COMPLETE HEAT UPGRADE*:

Special Pre-Registration Pricing: WS-560F-09-HG* - Griptex, Black Welt, Black Trim $449.95* WS-560F-18-HG* - CarbonFX, Metallic Silver Welt, Black Trim $469.95* WS-560F-19-HG* - CarbonFX, Black Welt, Black Trim $449.95* WS-560F-NS-HG* - Non-Standard Configurations

Optional Colors: Cobalt Blue, Custom $469.95*

*Restocking fees apply SS-731R - Do-It-Yourself Matching Rear Seat Cover: $39.00 THIS PRE-REGISTRATION PRICING INCLUDES THE $50.00 DISCOUNT! *Restocking fees apply.

** Price does not include heat, color welt, tax, shipping, or special upgrades - call for pricing.

*** Offer good until the end of April 2007.

You are invited to visit our website at https://www.SargentCycle.com/yamwsfjr06.htm for more information. You are subscribed as [email protected]

Click here or reply to this email with 'unsubscribe' in the subject to unsubscribe from this list or if you feel you have received this message in error.

This message was sent from Sargent, 44 East 1st Street Jacksonville FL 32206.

Click here to report email abuse

Looks like I'm a bit late with this announcement, it looks like Road Glides prototype, which feels much better than stock to sit on.

One more time, Wade before I drop hammer on this or Russell day long. The Russell wings may be better for my lard ass. See ya April 1st.

The picture didnt load

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting for this to be released and I am trying to decide on the Sargent or a custom seat from Rich's Custom Seats in Seattle. Those that have this seat or the previous Sargent seats, would you get a custom seat or does the Sargent give you everything that you need. The Sargent is about half the price of a custom seat.

Thanks.

SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICES START AT $299.95**Save $50.00!

So how do you get the $299 price?

Too late to get the deal you had to pre-register. It would have saved you $50. You can get it for $349, still cheaper than Corbin and the rest. I've been considering a Mayer or Russell or even a Corbin. When I got my '07 a couple weeks ago there was a '06 FJR with a Corbin on it and I was surprised how comfortable it was. I've had a couple corbins in the past and they felt a little hard though the added width and support made them much better than stock. This Corbin looked and felt good but I didn't really like the lower seating position. I got my call today from Sargent so I ordered one, had one on my ST1300 and VFR, better than stock for sure. The Sargent for FJR looks nice so for $299 I'll try it and if it doesn't work I'll order a Russell/Mayer and sell the Sargent when the Russell/Mayer arrives. I like how the Corbin and Sargents are built on their own pans and the Sargent has a storage area and keeps height adjustment. I had surgery for torn hip cartilage in Aug. and had low disk problems before that so I always have to go aftermarket on every bike (went wingsoft on Goldwing). The Russells and Mayers sure look nice but seem like they can be hit or miss, that is to say the Corbins and Sargents seem to be more consistent I guess becuase they're built from a mold and not one at a time.

Somebody posted about having a Rick Mayer seat built form their pan and sending it to Russell later becuase it didn't feel good only to have Russell say that the pan was cracked from the maker at Mayer. I know there are alot of happy riders from both but I've never had a problem with my 3 Corbins or 3 Sargents.

I'll be sure to let you know how I like this Sargent when it arrives.

Steve

I have been waiting for this to be released and I am trying to decide on the Sargent or a custom seat from Rich's Custom Seats in Seattle. Those that have this seat or the previous Sargent seats, would you get a custom seat or does the Sargent give you everything that you need. The Sargent is about half the price of a custom seat.
Thanks.
The Sargent will also sell if you decide its not right for you and you can keep riding on it until your custom fitted stocker gets sent back then sell it. Thats my plan anyway.

Steve

I'll be contacting Sargent tomorrow so that I may find out what I can sell these seats to forum members for. Stay tuned.

media.jpg

NOW AVAILABLE FROM SARGENT CYCLE PRODUCTS!YAMAHA 2006+ FJR1300 FRONT SEAT RELEASE!

Save $50.00!

Any idea when they might release the rear seat option?

Email from Sargent:

"Soon, a complete matching rear seat and passenger backrest with superior passenger comfort will be available to complete your World Sport set-up for the FJR1300. An additional discount for these new items will be offered exclusively to our pre-registered customers once they become available. In the meantime, an optional, matching rear seat cover is available."

Ordered one today @ 299.00 with pre-reg discount. I was told 1 inch wider than stock on each side. 7-10 days before they ship. Got the matching passenger seat cover for an extra 39 bucks. 06 Silver welt is 20 bucks extra. Seems like a fair deal. I'll bet if you call them up and pressure them for the 50 dollar discount they'd give it to you.

Friends, I put my order in yesterday & am looking forward to a comfortable riding season.Nothing fancy-Black on Black. Have a

GREAT Season all. Sliick2 :yahoo:

By the photos it looks that the seat sits more flat and may not push you forward causing you to put less weight on your hands. Is this the case or are the pictures misleading. I believe this the big part of my hand numbness problem. I have read all the information about the issue and am slowly trying one by one until the issue is solved. Love my 07 to much not try and fix.

I am certainly interested in a full review from those of you getting the new seat. I'm still trying to make up my mind between the Sargent and the Russell for my 07.

I have an 05 and I bought a sargent seat for it. First let me say it is definitally better than stock. Mine seemed kind of hard and flat. I used it for a while but just wasnt completly satisfied with the comfort. I ended up getting the Russel Daylong and yes it costs a bit more but if you do any serious riding for time and distance the custon IMHO is the way to go.