Scala Rider G4 Install on a Shoei Qwest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ng7m

Reaction score
After upgrading from a Shoei RF-800 (yes it was time to upgrade, I won't mention how old an RF-800 is), I installed a Scala Rider G4 wire mic harness into my new Shoei Qwest last night. I thought I would post a few pics... the cheek pads are removable on the Qwest, so it took a bit of gyrating to decide the best course of action... the Qwest shell is so stiff (no jokes please ;) ) there was no way to install the clamp with the cheek pad out and then put the cheek pad back in... pertty iritating at first. I had to push the bracket down in with the cheek pad installed... It's a super tight fit. I'm pretty happy with the install now, but it took a little time and I will need to remove the scala mount to take out the left cheek (more jokes on the way!) pad. The Shoei Qwest ear pockets are open to the shell too. I had to put in some sticky vecro for the speakers. It's a pretty good fit and the audio stounds better than the old RF-800, due to the more open ear area. Check out the pics... this may be of use to someone else looking at an install. Pics below, enjoy...

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

I just picked up a Qwest too, Love it!

Where did you route the left speaker wire? I found that I had to stuff mine between the shell and liner around the back and it barely fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it a conicidence Justin? Did you just get yours this last week? I decided the 10 year old helmets were not going to cut it this round with the FJR purchase so I bought a Qwest for myself and my wife. I had no idea you had one too... mg

Was it a conicidence Justin? Did you just get yours this last week? I decided the 10 year old helmets were not going to cut it this round with the FJR purchase so I bought a Qwest for myself and my wife. I had no idea you had one too... mg
Just came in the mail thursday. I went with white for viz, as I get older my practical side of the brain is taking over. Not the easiest helmet to mount the Cardo, but I love how it has built in speaker pockets. Very nice since my Arai would push the speakers against my ears and cause some pain and irritation.

I'll give a detailed review of the helmet after my trip to CA, but judging by a short ride on thursday I'm going to be very happy with this helmet! It is quiet and comfortable! Initial impression is that this is one of the nicest helmets I've ever owned. I still love Arai but like the shield system shoei uses much better.

quick tip, if your faceshield whistles take the shield off and loosen the four phillips screws and adjust them so the shield fits tighter while closed. I had to adjust mine, no whistling now.

Latest posts