• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Scorpio SR-I900 Alarm $60 Shipped CONUS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bseelbach

Reaction score
Scorpio SR-I900 Motorcycle Alarm $60 shipped CONUS. Includes FJR harness adapter and proximity senssor

(This is also listed on a FB classified ad so it is subject to be sold there. I need to respect the first "sold" "I'll take it" etc on whichever forum happens first)

Retail on what is included is just over $400. Personally I think that is ridiculous. The remote will need a new battery ($35) so all in the buyer would be right under $100 which I think is fair.

https://ridescorpio.com/shop/scorpio-secure/

This was on my '13 when I bought it two years ago but I never used it. I played with it in the garage but never bothered to take the remote with me. It includes the SR-I900 package ($330) + perimeter sensor ($25) and FJR specific wire harness adapter compatible with Gen 2 and 3 ($30). There is no splicing, you simply plug into the wire harness under the left side panel and attach a constant hot wire from the battery. You can purchase an ignition disable for $30 if you wish but that involves cutting the OEM harness.

I uninstalled the unit from the bike a couple weeks ago with plans of passing it along. Since the remote had been in a drawer for almost 2 years, I wanted to check the battery before listing. The battery on the remote is dead. The screen lights up when it is plugged it but there is absolutely no battery life left. I contacted customer support and they say while there is not an option to purchase a battery on the site they would sell one for $33.95. I can pass along the email from customer support. They pointed out that the battery has to be soldered in by the user. I opened the remote and it looks quite easy. There is plenty of wire length to solder to. The battery is not soldered directly to the board.

I would rather sell as is but if someone is scared of soldering we can discuss. In my opinion the battery is overpriced. It looks like a simple single cell lipo sack battery that should cost $5 or so. I did not see any specs on it and really didn't care to look into it but I would bet there are other options. (Lipos are dangerous so don't mess around with being frugal if you don't know what you are doing - just buy the OEM.)

Important to NOTE:

The alarm is connected to constant hot for obvious reasons and has a slight parasitic draw on the battery even when not activated. I never measured the draw but the bike should be on a tender or ridden weekly. Towards the end of the season in 14, I didn't ride the bike for about 3 weeks and didn't have the bike on a tender. The bike started but you could tell it was a bit labored. I have routinely left it for 1-2 weeks without issue.

(It wont let me post a picture and I don't use any of the online photo sites. I can email or text a picture if you want but it is basically just the alarm sitting on my kitchen counter)

I will take it if not already spoken for!

PM coming!!
help.gif