SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The driver of the Pontiac needs to learn how to park.

Over on ADVrider, there is a fun-filled thread aboot that.

4 hrs...
Launch pad.

IMAG0409_zpsupo4cjwq.jpg

yea...It ain't like they didn't have the whole parking lot to themself. I guess someone always has to start the "F'd" up parking...obviously THAT GUY.

Marietta, OH Weather This Weekend, May 2

Friday

May 2

A stray afternoon shower 63° Lo 43° RealFeel® 63° / Lo 42°

Saturday

May 3

Partly sunny, showers around 69° Lo 47° RealFeel® 67° / Lo 44°

Sunday

May 4

Partly sunny and breezy 64° Lo 44°

RealFeel® 61° / Lo 45

This is from accuweather.com. Sat has two one-hour periods with a 51% chance of a little rain. As stated earlier, all of this is subject to change, but the forecast had been improving the past couple of days!

Last edited by a moderator:
I only look at weather sites that give me nice smiley Sun graphics and predict good weather. That way I always go on the trip and never miss any fun. ;)

Well, Iris and I have decided to make the trip down to Ohio after all. The weather seems to be cooperating. We are planning to be in Marietta Friday afternoon. Ride one of the loops on Saturday and head back home Sunday AM.
See you all soon!! :)
Great! Safe travels and we'll see you tomorrow afternoon.

I bit the bullet and removed the trapezoidal PR2 tire on the front and installed a Bridgestone T30 GT. I figure intermittent wet roads are worth the precaution even though I had some wear left. Damn bike shop here is now charging $42. I'm going to have to get a changer.

Jim and Iris, nice that we'll get to meet you. Fred still is cowering from the weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oil changed, tire pressure up, GPS routes loaded, and now all I have to do is pack lightly. I'll be heading off to the McDonald's in Cadiz in the morning. I expect to be there around 10:30 to 10:45. I guess I should continue the weather posts. Looks great! Everyone ride within your limits and have a safe trip.

I see that Wayne stopped in the Iron Pony this afternoon.

Gotta wonder if he had to keep his streak of having them slap on a new tire...

Checked tire pressure, filled the tank, removed the "1300" logos from the side fairings, applied red reflective wheel tape to make it more visible at night and tested new TomTom Rider with my Sena and Galaxa S4...now I'm ready for my ride to the Ramble and have some fun on curvy straight and boring roads!

Oil changed, tire pressure up, GPS routes loaded, and now all I have to do is pack lightly. I'll be heading off to the McDonald's in Cadiz in the morning. I expect to be there around 10:30 to 10:45. I guess I should continue the weather posts. Looks great! Everyone ride within your limits and have a safe trip.
See you in the morning at McDs.

Just to start some stuff... My #2 son bought a new HD Street Glide S. Road it a few weeks ago and it rides very nice. Did I just say that???? Neat Radio/GPS/every thing comes standard....only $24,000. If he was a good son he would have got one for his old dad too. He did keep his FJR for when he needs a bit of speed.

Gray Ray will be there in the morning...you might want to pick a slow gentle route so he can keep up!

I see that Wayne stopped in the Iron Pony this afternoon.
Gotta wonder if he had to keep his streak of having them slap on a new tire...
I sure hope not, he was replacing the tires when I dropped by his place about a week and a half ago. I know he doesn't get much mileage out of them, but that seems excessive even for him...especially since it's been raining around here all this week, not much good riding weather.

Jim an I are on our way. Left Albany, NY area around 1:30pm today (Thursday). We are staying in Lock Haven PA tonight and we'll see you all tomorrow.

On Saturday we were thinking of riding the "west" route.

Thanks to all for putting this together!!

Oh yeah - side note: we had cancelled our reservation at the Microtel, and when we tried to get another reservation there, they were all booked up. So we are staying across the river (not far away).

Joe led a group of us (the long way) from Cadiz to Marietta. The ride was spectacular! Great job Joe. We will get the chance to ride more straight, boring roads tomorrow. Since I don't live far from this area, I'll be back to ride here more often.

There was a little high water out there. Not bad. The flashing lights are just a phenomenon of iPhone and Clearwater Krista light dimmer having a sync problem. TominCA followed by Intech and El Toro Joe. The flat boring roads delivered for the Ramble.

Code:
https://youtu.be/nSA37qII4bk