• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Seat concepts rear seat group buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
We will offer the following deal for new and returning customers (thanks to all of you for the great intro and feedback) to the original group buy.

Front kit 10% off fixed. Yes the original group buy got a bigger discount but you missed it and there is no tier discounts on it now.

For those that bought front kits on the original group buy (we will confirm with the old list) the cost for the rear kit will be 100.00.

For those that did not buy with the group buy, the rear kit will be 115.00.

If you choose for us to install the kit for you there will be the regular 25.00 fee to install.

These prices do not include the 19.95 continental US shipping cost.

This will run from now and end 9/19/2016 at midnight.

Please PM the following info to me to get on the list for this:

Name
rider weight
cover type
email address
city, state (for shipping cost)
Just front, just rear or both?
kit mailed to you or for us to install on your pan?

Once it closes Robert at seat concepts will be in contact with any questions and send over a invoice.

1: Joey Blankenship

Gripper cover (I think that's the right term)

2: David Kelly
Carbon/Carbon cover

3: John Bernick
cover type: Carbon fiber sides, grippy top, red thread

4.Kevin Dooley
cover type: gripper top, plain vinyl sides

Last edited by a moderator:
FJR%201300%20Rear%20Gen%201_zps2yv4ifeq.jpg
FJR%201300%20Gen%202%20Rear_zpsn7ufvjog.jpg

Is it possible to to get in on the group buy now, but wait until say December (post riding season for me) to send in the seats to have the installation done?

s.ga.rider, can you reply please?

Thanks

For those that have minimal, I repeat MINIMAL, skill with tools, you can put the seat cover on by yourself. (I am in that group, did it myself, and was quite pleased with how easy it was.)

Took me about 60 minutes, and some of that was looking, and looking again, and looking a third time to make sure I understood how things fit together. Stretching and stapling got a lot easier after the babe lent a hand.

List so far:

1: Joey Blankenship

Gripper cover (I think that's the right term)

2: David Kelly
Carbon/Carbon cover

3: John Bernick
cover type: Carbon fiber sides, grippy top, red thread

4.Kevin Dooley
cover type: gripper top, plain vinyl sides

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does colored threads add to the cost? I might like mine to be blue, not that its all that easy to see blue against black.

Turn around for mailed in seats is 2-3 days once the seat is received. Mailed seats ship 4-7 days after payment and color stitching is an additional $20.

This is closed. We had 6 participants and all the info has been forwarded to Seat Concepts. They will be in touch shortly.

Anyone received their rear seat yet? I paid for mine on 9-30; haven't heard anything yet....