Secret HWY 32 Cosby TN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry 07 FJR1300AE

Reaction score
I dont want anyone to get butthurt about me revealing a road that our fellow member HAVE TO RIDE. I asked about this road and got some good info and also some SHHH dont tells. Anyway we were rained out one day this week on our ride in the Smokeys. It finally cleared off about 3pm so we road down to Cosby to see what the fuss was all about.

To set the stage, it had just finished raining and the road was VERY wet and littered with sticks, leaves, and small rocks. My main goal was to see for myself what the gravel section looked like. I took a couple pics and will continue after the jump.

Panoramic

20120509_160134.jpg

Friend on ST

20120509_161034.jpg

End of the road

20120509_162233.jpg

Gravel Section

20120509_162138.jpg

MORE PICS

This road is the curviest, tightest, twistiest road I have ever ridden. Some of the curves are so tight you have to use a blinker to make the turn. The pavement is BRAND NEW and there is near ZERO traffic. I couldn't count the turns but this road HAS TO HAVE more turns than the dragon. Its 11 miles of just curves. The point of this is post is that the gravel is VERY hard packed and looks VERY ride-able. Next time I am in the area and its dry I am definitely going to ride the gravel up from the south end.

The point of this is post is that the gravel is VERY hard packed and looks VERY ride-able. Next time I am in the area and its dry I am definitely going to ride the gravel up from the south end.
Thanks for the report and pics!

When you decide to do it from bottom up drop me a line and I'll join you with:

snow02-2010087.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The point of this is post is that the gravel is VERY hard packed and looks VERY ride-able. Next time I am in the area and its dry I am definitely going to ride the gravel up from the south end.
Thanks for the report and pics!

When you decide to do it from bottom up drop me a line and I'll join you with:

snow02-2010087.jpg
SURE THING!

Thanks for the report Barry! I'll have to check out 32 next time I'm up that way. But I won't tell anyone, it will be our secret ;)

See you at SFO??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report Barry! I'll have to check out 32 next time I'm up that way. But I won't tell anyone, it will be our secret ;)

See you at SFO??
Would love to do SFO, but my wife and I had a baby in February and I think one trip by myself is all I can swing. My next trip is going to be in the Ozarks though.

Good report, excellent pics. I especially like the fact that you were not ashamed to post a pic of the Honda! If you have not ridden the Ozarks yet, they are great, we did that last October and I will be going back.