Sena SMH10 v4.0 Firmware Upgrade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LDRydr and all thank you very much for the responses!

I have an email into sena for advice and hardware required to accommodate my setup. I think it should be doable as it isn't that complex.

So with the latest upgrade I decided it was time to retire my Collett system. It did pretty much everything the Sena 10 does (and it came out 3 years ago!). I mostly used it for GPS/MP3's and Passenger Comms. It requires another Collett unit to for bike to bike. I think I used it for bike to bike once.

I ordered my Sena from Misha Cycles and got it in two days. Alex rocks. Sent it up as a gift. No tax! I install it in the helmet and pair it to my phone. Life is good. Might as well do the firmware upgrade. I fire it up and here a VERY muted 'Hello'. That completed I try it out with my phone again. Go to play back a tune and get nothing. Odd.

Pair it with my GPS (2820), no problemo. Again. Barely any sound.

Thinking its just the jog dial I give it a spin. Nope. Same thing.

I can barely hear anything after the firmware upgrade. This is in a quiet room with no earplugs. I'm going to try reflashing it, otherwise, I'm going to have to go down the path of downgrading the firmware to v3.3. It's totally useless the way it is now.

... nothing is easy anymore.

I would first try to remove the pairing on BOTH the phone and Sena unit. In fact I'd restore the Sena unit to factory default (leaving the new firmware installed). Then pair it back up again.

When I first did the firmware update on mine it paired both the phone and media connection but I could not hear any media at all. Deleted the pairings, re-paired and all was good.

I would first try to remove the pairing on BOTH the phone and Sena unit. In fact I'd restore the Sena unit to factory default (leaving the new firmware installed). Then pair it back up again.

When I first did the firmware update on mine it paired both the phone and media connection but I could not hear any media at all. Deleted the pairings, re-paired and all was good.
Thanks for the tips Alex. I'm pretty sure I did the pair deletion boogie last night. But I will try again this evening. I ended up pissing around with it till after midnight (LOL! Sitting in my bedroom, wearing my helmet, swearing my butt off!). It's gonna be a long day today.

Thanks for the tip Dennis. The re-pairing, resetting boogie fixed it up.

Happy camper now.