SEO day trip 7/30

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man!! If I didn't have a big account of horses to do tomorrow.... I would definitely be joining!!

Have a good ride!!

Joe,

Bockelrider and I went down yesterday. It was hot, hot, HOT ! Steve shows up with an ice cooler mounted to the back of his bike. At about 11
:30 he whips out an ice vest that he had soaking in the cooler. I was going to seal it from him but he is bigger and stronger then me.

Have fun and be very careful of the tar snakes, they get real slippery after about noon.

Keep the shinny side up.

Keep me posted about the 8th

Headed south at just after 6:00 am, took my usual fun way down to the meeting point, met up with Denny (the best SEO tour guide). We proceeded to hit some of the best roads in SEO, and he also threw in a few, new to me county roads, working our way west to east. The weather was a little warm, but the riding, roads and company were awesome. Had lunch at Traditions in Woodsfield. Hit a few more nice roads, and a few that were under construction, before it was time for me to part ways and head for home. Got home just before 7:00 pm, after a great 500 mile day... Thanks Denny

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds awesome Joe!

That Denny guy knows his stuff, and he's a good guy, too.
punk.gif

You suck.

Between traveling for work, buying a house, moving, traveling for work, moving, buying a house, and taking a family vacation, I still haven't ridden since Tech Day.

And the FJR has a leaking fork seal that I gotta take a look at.

You suck.
Between traveling for work, buying a house, moving, traveling for work, moving, buying a house, and taking a family vacation, I still haven't ridden since Tech Day.

And the FJR has a leaking fork seal that I gotta take a look at.
I suck?...I have hardly ridden this year, so you ain't the only one. Welcome to reality. As far as yer forks go...Denny has an 04 parts bike for ya, that he hasn't ridden in over a year. And it's actually cleaner than yours. Not that that's saying much.

Sounds like it was a fun time, and the SEO roads and Denny leading the way... can't go wrong!

I just returned in from my 16 day, 8K run. I'm rode hard, put away whett. And, I can finally say "I'm riding satisfied"... well, for a little while :)

RR in a few days when I recoup

We just did a long weekend in wva & hit some of SEO's best on the way to & from. Any of you Columbus guys got any pull with Kasich? 536 sure needs a freshen up.

We just did a long weekend in wva & hit some of SEO's best on the way to & from. Any of you Columbus guys got any pull with Kasich? 536 sure needs a freshen up.
Yeah, we didn't do 556, 536 or 255 last week...Denny has found some other roads that will make you forget about 536...at least until it gets repaved. Plenty of great roads west of 800.

Tom...536 is supposed to be paved in 2017,556 is also going to be paved in 2017 according to the ODOT site.Funny thing though,800 north of Woodsfield is also on that list but it is paved now.

If you want something good in that area to hold you over until 536 gets paved head north a little bit to 147.They just finished paving it from Centerville to Bellaire.It's a fun ride,but it can be dirty from a couple pipeline projects.

They are paving 9 from just south of I70 to Armstrong Mills (149)right now.

I'm gonna see if I can organize a small posse and head down to SEO sometime this month. EOM is still 2 months away.

I'm gonna see if I can organize a small posse and head down to SEO sometime this month. EOM is still 2 months away.
Keep me posted.I probably should go back to work sometime but I might be able to plan it so I could be here if you let me know a week or two in advance.

Tom...536 is supposed to be paved in 2017,556 is also going to be paved in 2017 according to the ODOT site.Funny thing though,800 north of Woodsfield is also on that list but it is paved now.

If you want something good in that area to hold you over until 536 gets paved head north a little bit to 147.They just finished paving it from Centerville to Bellaire.It's a fun ride,but it can be dirty from a couple pipeline projects.

They are paving 9 from just south of I70 to Armstrong Mills (149)right now.
Hi Denny,

I will have to give 147 another try, we rode it early this year & it was junk between rt. 7 & 9, glad it's repaved. We did ride 555/78/147/800 on the way home, which are still a blast.