Seth Laam seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHredliner

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a Seth Laam seat for my 2007 but will likely buy a 2015 or 2016 FJR in the next year or so. My question is will the seat for the genII be able to be transferred to the newer gen III? I emailed this question to Seth Laam a few days ago and got no response. Jut figured someone here would know. At least once I get an answer I can stop thinking about it. 

The other thing I am wondering is if the seat will work for my size, 5'7" and about 140lbs. My current bike has the Sargeant seat and is 31" high. I can just about flat foot, not quite but close enough. I'm comfortable with it but wouldn't want much higher than that. The wife is about 120lbs and with her on the back I can flat foot.

Thanks!

With a custom seat, you can probably work with the builder to get what you need.  A seat that works with a Gen II will be fine for 2013+ bikes.

Seat pan is the same from '06 to current so yours will move over w/o any trouble.

When you have the seat built, be sure and tell Seth that you want it narrowed in the front.  That will help with your reach to the ground. Mine is built that way and it definitely helps with the reach to the ground.

Good luck and enjoy the seat!

~G

Thanks for the responses everyone! Still haven't heard back from the email I sent but understand that's typical. Busy riding season now so it could be a while.

I've filled out the online thing for a seat twice, 'n never heard back from him. (1st time was 'bout 6 yrs ago, still waiting!) If you really want one, try calling him.