Seth Laam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth is indeed up and running. I had him reshape my seat recently (after the fire). He did state that he is going to relocate in TN next year. He chose TN due to a more central location for his customer base. He explained the majority of his customers are on the east coast and central states. As a plus, TN has no state income tax!!

I sent my him my seat on Nov 1st and haven't heard a word from him. I tried calling him on the 14 and left a msg, but haven't heard back, so I thought maybe he got caught up in the camp fire wildfire. I will try again tomorrow. I live about 2 1/2 hours from where he wants to relocate to. I wish I could have waited and done a ride in.

Seth is currently 10 minutes up the road from my house and is up and running. Sad to hear he is relocating, but hope it works out for him. Even though he is leaving the area, we will still have Russell just a few minutes further up the road, so all is good.

We were not affected by the Camp Fire (other than smoke for a few days) in Redding, but our hearts go out to those who were.

Be patient, Seth is a one man show. He had my seat for two months and I wasn't to happy. But the finished product was well worth the wait. He is a good guy and you will get your seat. His workmanship on the seats is excellent.

Be patient, Seth is a one man show. He had my seat for two months and I wasn't to happy. But the finished product was well worth the wait. He is a good guy and you will get your seat. His workmanship on the seats is excellent.

+++^^^ Seth is indeed a good guy and a very skilled craftsman. He may even be considered an artist and sculptor. That considered, people with such skills take their time.

I didn't call, I don't want to be that guy. I am very glad to hear he was not affected by the fire, there are a lot of things more important than my seat. I will continue to wait impatiently but feel better knowing he's all right. I hope it doesn't take 2 months but if it does I am sure it will be worth the wait. I just hope it's not in the 20s when I get it back, because I'm taking that sucker for a ride.

I have a Laam seat that is five years old and it is great. He gave me a build date and said to send it three days before, which I did. I received my seat back three days after the build date, but that was five years ago. He did tell me not to send it early because it will just sit till the build date. He told me he does a lot of wheelchair and stadium seats.