SFO '12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on up north of Russellville and I'll personally show where it gets a LOT better than hiway 7!

My comment on Highway 7 is merely a subjective personal preference. I've ridden many of the roads north of Russellville and agree, there is ALOT of good/great riding up there, including Highway 7 north of Russellville.

Really? That was one of the factors (just one of many) that figured into us not making it last year. So you can buy liquor/wine nearby? I thought we were going to have to go thirty miles up the road. We seriously dislike having to be tee-totaliers for dinner. And there is good food nearby too?

I personally didn't venture out of the hotel for food and beverage. My understanding is that the surrounding area was all dry. But, the hotel had a special liquor license, a nice bar with a full service menu. They prepared a very good "banquet" dinner for us Saturday night. My comments regarding the hotel seemed to be the general consensus of the attendees in our late night committee meetings.

I really don't care where or when we have SFO - as long as it's not that first weekend in May (can't make it due to an annual commitment - Talladega race weekend). I love riding all of the roads in Arky and enjoy the company of the SFO gang, even Fred and Gary ;)

Thanks to Mike for taking up the unenviable task of trying to satisfy everybody. I'll be glad to assist you in any way I can and as noted above, you can count on me being there as long as it's not May 4-6 due to my prior commitments.

I've never been to SFO. I'm going to try to make it this year. I'll be watching here for the details about dates and place as they are worked out.

Just FYI... I ran by the Hub this morning and they are available the first weekend in May! They would love to have us and the atmosphere IMO would be much better than previous events. And for those that enjoy a beverage, the county is now wet. Lets ride some twisties!

Patience, patience my SFO brothers. It is only the first week of January and it is not even pouring down rain, yet. Besides, I would like to see a unified SFO this year and not several competing factions. Plus, I also heard of a hoodlum group of FJR riders doing the Hwy7 Hwy9 loop at some rather elevated speeds. Personally, I would never ride at that kind of pace. Heck, someone might run off the road at those reckless speeds. You can bet I will be at the 2012 SFO come rain or rain or rain!

Gary Green

PS: Hey Turk & Fred
Some hoodlum ran off the road? Missed a curve? Do tell. :rolleyes:
All right you two. Be nice. I know where you live. :p

GP (The other Gary)

Status
Not open for further replies.