She left as a hero

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scab

I got nothin' here...
Reaction score
One of our six dogs is gone. Jesse, aka Hootchie-Moe, left us Friday.

She was out with my dad, watching as he was trimming the underbrush at the edge of the woods. It seems there was a copperhead lying in wait. Dad didn't see the snake, Hootchie-Moe did. Dad got a little too close to the snake, Hootchie-Moe tried to take the snake out. Dad saw just as the snake hit her just below the left eye. Hootchie-Moe ran, Dad went for the pistol. The snake was gone when he returned.

Dad called my wife so she could come from work and take the dog to the vet. She was unable to find her. Later that evening, we found her under the porch. She had probably been there the whole time my wife was looking for her. It seems that it was pretty fast.

Sad, but I'd rather have my dad. Dad is old and has some health issues. I don't know that he could take a snake bite. So, Hootchie-Moe gets extra points in my book.

crash009.jpg

Sorry for the loss. What a shame. So few good things come into our lives that when something like this happens it just sucks. Glad to hear that Dad is ok. At least there is some consolation in this.

So sorry about your critter-she definitely deserves, though, this symbol of her heroism.

Dog_hero_2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE. CUDOS...that is why they are called mans best friend.

heart touching to think a dog actually did that to save him.

i hope my dog doesnt just lay there and think if he is faced with that

type of situation

"ya well maybe you should have given me more treats you jerk!" :)

remember the good stuff.

Sorry to hear about this David... but glad to know that your dad is still with us.

I should know better than to click on stories like this, while at work. It made me all teary to think of your brave little dog giving her life to save your Dad. Yes, she left as a hero. May she enjoy endless walkies and bowls of kibble for eternity.

Jill

Man, reminds me of Ol' Yeller. Never could watch that movie with a dry eye. Sorry for your loss, but glad your Dad is OK.

Scab,

I am sorry to hear about your loss and my sympathies are with you! Hootchie Moe is a hero...God Bless that pup!

You and pup are in my thoughts. I am relieved to hear that your Dad is OK!

Take care.

Rex