Shell Rotella Oil in Canada/USA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duezzer

Reaction score
Redwood Meadows,Alberta - SW of Calgary on Hwy 22
Hi there

Seen in another note that the Rotella Oils were now MA rated

Went onto the Canadian and US Shell sites and could not find anything.

No mention of the MA rating

If you have a link that can get me to the information could you post it.

Checked a jug of the full syn 0-40 and 5-40 ( we don't have the 10-40 in Canada ) and it did not have a MA rating on it.

Thanks

No 0-40 here in the States that I'm aware of, must be region specific. Afraid I'm not familiar with the MA rating either so no input for you there, my existing stock of Rotella's (dino & syn) is still the pre-T6 stuff recently released.

That said, can an unrated oil classification for any modern oil in this day and age really make or break a engine ? :blink:

Checked a jug of the full syn 0-40 and 5-40 ( we don't have the 10-40 in Canada ) and it did not have a MA rating on it.
I've been running 0w-40 Rotella Synth for the last 5 oil changes. No problemo's.

Thanks Bungie

I belive the 0-40 or 5-40 would be great. I had seen in a different post that Shell had the MA rating on the new Rotella T oils but have not been able to find out anything else

I was wondering if it was just a USA deal or if they had changed the rating up here in Canada Land

If they had done the USA oil and not the Canadian I was going to talk with our(I work for Shell Canada) oil rep and find out what the scoop is.

Again Thanks

I had seen in a different post that Shell had the MA rating on the new Rotella T oils but have not been able to find out anything elseI was wondering if it was just a USA deal or if they had changed the rating up here in Canada Land

If they had done the USA oil and not the Canadian I was going to talk with our(I work for Shell Canada) oil rep and find out what the scoop is.
According to the Shell Canada website, Rotella T 6 (full synth) 5W-40 is indeed available in Canada. And the specifications list JASO MA certified.

If not readily available nearby, you may need to use some tactics/imagination to source it...? :unsure:

When Honda first came here circa 1960, we were using Shell aviation oil, don't even remember what weight it was. But it sure was pretty, had a clear goldish color. Those S-90's would scream, top speed was about 55, unless you drafted a semi, then 65 was attainable. Bent a few pushrods coming home from a trip to grandma's house 50 miles away. Boy, those were the days !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had seen in a different post that Shell had the MA rating on the new Rotella T oils but have not been able to find out anything elseI was wondering if it was just a USA deal or if they had changed the rating up here in Canada Land

According to the Shell Canada website, Rotella T 6 (full synth) 5W-40 is indeed available in Canada. And the specifications list JASO MA certified.

If not readily available nearby, you may need to use some tactics/imagination to source it...? :unsure:
I just bought a 18.9L Pail of Dino at Walmart with the MA certification marked on the pail. Had no luck at CanTire.

Last edited by a moderator:

I just bought a 18.9L Pail of Dino at Walmart with the MA certification marked on the pail. Had no luck at CanTire.
I've been buying mine at TSC in the ~20L pails. When it's on sale it's about $55.00/pail. Cheaper oil = more frequent changes. I've been using the 15w-40.

I'm a happy man

Thanks for the info

Been waiting for this for a while

Run 15-40 rotella in all my older bikes that were out of their warenties

Now the 5-40 T6 will be in everything

Bikes,car,truck,lawn mower and the t1572 time machine

Time machines only take MA oil - don't ya know