Short ride for Charity in N Va - Sat Dec 5th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnhigh

Reaction score
A fellow rider started this from an original idea in Chicago.

If anyone is interested in riding for a cause. It's a very short ride, but is meant to help the homeless with the one item that isn't donated often, Underwear.

It starts at Coleman powersports in Falls church and ends at Patriot Harley in Fairfax. Kickstands up at 12noon. All bikes welcomed. If interested, or want more info, and to register, visit their homepage here :The underwear ride

I will be there with a bright red Jeep Cherokee. look for the poor ole sap on crutches or in the wheelchair. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention that drinks and snacks will be provided. As well as discounts on merchandise at Colemans. There will also be a raffle at the end of the ride.

I will keep an eye on the weather. Certainly not favorable for motorcycle riding if it does what they say it is going to do tomorrow. I don't have winter tires for the feej, or chains, or studs, so I don't think the bike will be out of the barn tomorrow. Any other time I would be all over this. It will not even be a good day to be out in a cage tomorrow!

What, nobody rides in their underwear? The ride might be a bit more interesting. (I know you all were thinkin it.)

There has been a few that have actually rolled in (from around the corner) in their boxers and t-shirts in the past. :dribble: (And then promptly reclothed after the pictures).

Unfortunately, because there are alot of planning issues and sponsors involved, the ride will not be rescheduled. If you don't feel comfortable with the riding situation, it is best not to ride. If you still want to contribute, come with your car. I'm curious what kinds of discounts there will be at Coleman's.

Of course, the cagers around here drive bad enough without the sn** word in the forcast. Just the mere chance in the forcast make them worse. Unreal :(

Nevertheless, I will be there with a busted leg in my jeep. Volunteered to help originize the masses, or few, whichever.