should I buy new or used?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"YES" is the correct answer. Either way, you will be buying miles of smiles. Only down side is you will have to put up with us bums.
bike.gif

My point was that FJRs need maintenance just as much as any other bike. None of this is covered under warranty. FJRs have been VERY good in terms of (not) needing major repairs under the manufacturer's warranty. Adequate maintenance (by owner or by dealer) is critical.
Ah! I see. I will experience just how much maintenance the FJR requires, but I was only trying to point out how much leverage warranties might add to a decision between the two bikes.

Beary

"YES" is the correct answer. Either way, you will be buying miles of smiles. Only down side is you will have to put up with us bums.
bike.gif
Who you calling a bum Pops??
rolleyes.gif

No matter which one you choose jonny, don't look back and ride the wheels off it!

--G

I am astounded by the crazy deals that can be found on used FJR's. Of all of the great things that are FJR, holding value is not one of them. Buying used is such a bargain on a bike with such great reliability.
I think they hold their value. I bought my low mileage 06 about 3 years ago. I see 06s listed now for the same price I paid. The crazy value drop comes immediately after driving off the dealer lot. This time of year some righteous deals can be had particularly if you have cash in hand.